Trusted lug nut brands?

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
Hi everyone, I just recently joined the forums, and I’ve found the information here on Supras to be invaluable. I’ve been trying to do as much research on mk3 Supras as I can for about the past year now because I’ve been wanting to work on my dad’s 1990 model, and he has recently sold it to me because of my enthusiasm. I’ve bought new Konig Backbone 16x7’ wheels to replace the 20’ wheels he had on, and I’m trying to find a good brand for lug nuts. I see that there’s a lot of options on eBay and Amazon, but not a lot of reviews on much of what they sell. I’d like to know if anyone has any brands that are worth recommending so that I can get a better idea of what to go buy.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I use muteki. They start front around 80$ ish

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
I use muteki. They start front around 80$ ish
Have you tried any of their lugs with a colored finish? I’ve read that it’s easy to scratch away if you’re not careful, and I work in a tire shop where everyone uses impact guns to remove and assemble nuts and bolts.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I had some green ones a long time ago. They scratched where the socket rode. A buddy has some newer one and they don’t scratch.
The black ones don’t scratch either.

I have the newer 2pc black ones currently.

They come with a socket that fits 3/8ths guns. I use a snap on 3/8 electric impact on them. And then torque with torque wrench.

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
Cool, I’ve ordered black SR35. I’ll probably post pics here once I get everything together, and then come back and review them at some point.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I run Project Kics R40 on my supra. But I also have a set of Muteki SR48.