Toyota to reproduce some genuine A70/80 Parts

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Authorized Seller
Contributor

They also have a form to see what else we might want to get them to make....I'm %100 on the trim around the car.

ModelItemParts numberRetail sales *1
A70
Supra
Propeller shaftTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Door handleTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Fuel sender gaugeTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Weather stripTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Front emblemTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
A80
Supra
Head lampsTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Door handleTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020
Brake boosterTo be announcedPlaned to start in 2020

Reactions: Z06gette

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Nice find.

Pretty dismal list of 5 items.
Though better than nothing I guess...

Interesting the form only allows to enter 5 items max.

Reactions: SupraMario

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well it's a start. I'll likely buy the door handles because the stock ones seem to fail eventually. Better to grab them while I can.

The front emblem is funny. I wonder which version they'll make. People on facebook/ebay were asking over $100 for poor condition pre89 ones.

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well it's a start. I'll likely buy the door handles because the stock ones seem to fail eventually. Better to grab them while I can.

The front emblem is funny. I wonder which version they'll make. People on facebook/ebay were asking over $100 for poor condition pre89 ones.
The BS story we gave in the Alfa-Romeo parts department in the 60s was that there was a jewelry tax on them :) My memory was that emblems were all very expensive. Nobody ever did a fact check, so the story has stood :) I'm sitting on a new one with no clip. The clip is discontinued. It's the same clip for the h/l washers. A local buddy has one he's saving for me. I hope to have it in a week or two.

Reactions: Z06gette

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
My hood badge (pre 89)was cocked 45* after doing some VERY spirited driving with a Focus RS during the summer, I lucked out!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Nice find.

Pretty dismal list of 5 items.
Though better than nothing I guess...

Interesting the form only allows to enter 5 items max.
But I think each of those line items will be a dozen or more actual part numbers. IE Weatherstrip. There are a few dozen weatherstrips for the mk3. Multiple door handles, prop shafts, etc...

I'm very optimistic at this point. Any weatherstrip would be wonderful because you can almost guarantee every single weatherstrip is worn enough to warrant replacement on everyone's mk3.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Any wear items would be awesome, so like center arm rest, full carpet, the original HVAC controls, rearview mirror etc.
There's already a thread on the Heritage parts... and there's a nice list of all the things the initial people in the list wanted. It's probably best to continue that thread so we keep it all together. There was a registration at toyota owners site that was supposed to get us feedback and a survey to fill out, but most of us never got it. Anyway, FYI

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Authorized Seller
Contributor
There's already a thread on the Heritage parts... and there's a nice list of all the things the initial people in the list wanted. It's probably best to continue that thread so we keep it all together. There was a registration at toyota owners site that was supposed to get us feedback and a survey to fill out, but most of us never got it. Anyway, FYI

O damn sorry for posting a duplicate. Is this thread stickied?

Reactions: debrucer