Toyota Heritage Parts

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor

That's the one I was talking about earlier. It seems they will submit orders to any manufacture and try to obtain a part. They charge a pretty penny for the service, but if they've got the sources it would be worth a try. They don't appear to list much of anything as discontinued. Don't know anything about their success rate... just seemed like they have the mechanism in place to search fully.

Last edited:

Kine

Authorized Seller

That's the one I was talking about earlier. It seems they will submit orders to any manufacture and try to obtain a part. They charge a pretty penny for the service, but if they've got the sources it would be worth a try. They don't appear to list much of anything as discontinued. Don't know anything about their success rate... just seemed like they have the mechanism in place to search fully.
I know one thing they couldn't source, the OEM spare tire ;) Mine rusted out and I tied to get a new one from them since the price wasn't too awful. Ended up getting a good condition one from eBay. Hawaii sucks for finding pick 'n pull parts.

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Yeah, I’ve ordered a complete lock set, a replacement 89 cruise control wheel button, and targa top holder covers, all in the last 3 weeks, all supposedly in stock with Amayama. All three orders were later refunded to me.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Speculation today at the Toyota parts department was that differences between TRD and GR might not be completely resolved. The parts man who does the special orders has inquired at his sources and nobody seems to know much of anything. I reminded him that this thread was started in May 2019.

If GR is the performance/tuning house for the Supra what is TRD? More speculation... TRD will become GR, not the other way around.

I guess they'll tell us when they tell us :)

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
Whats the lastest on this has anyone heard anything, has anyone actually gotten parts from this program?

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Thanks for the update
Not sure if anyone saw but door handles and fuel senders are now available for order via the heritage program. These are the first 2 parts available.

Thanks for the update! I'm going to order 2 senders and more!

Updated: I just tried to order using the part number shown and it shows discontinued on US dealer parts sites and Amayama?

Last edited:
Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update! I'm going to order 2 senders and more!

Updated: I just tried to order using the part number shown and it shows discontinued on US dealer parts sites and Amayama?
The local dealer knew nothing of this program when I mentioned it to him six months ago. In an effort to keep him aware, I just sent the following message to him. It might not hurt to prod your local Toyota parts manager, too if you have the chance.

*************************************************************************************
Hi Mike,

I don't know if you guys saw this, so I'm sending it over now.

Here's the latest...

https://toyotagazooracing.com/pages/contents/en/gr/heritage/productlist/

Notice at the bottom of the page, after you've searched for an item, that the steps to obtain are:

1 - use this list

and

2- order from your dealer.

Not all items are yet available, but the list possibly defines the intended scope of the part's availability. It might not be a bad idea to order stock up on the few available numbers. If you'll do that, I will make sure the local Facebook community gets the word.

People are already reporting back-orders :(

Thanks,

finaltable

Grue
Authorized Seller
Sorry for arriving late but I bought a Mk III Saturday and got my “Welome Toyota Owner” email from Toyota on Sunday. At this point, given that I plan to put 500 miles per week on the odometer of this car if parts are available, I can handle high prices.

Still cheap compared to buying a new car.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Sorry for arriving late but I bought a Mk III Saturday and got my “Welome Toyota Owner” email from Toyota on Sunday. At this point, given that I plan to put 500 miles per week on the odometer of this car if parts are available, I can handle high prices.

Still cheap compared to buying a new car.
Did you buy from a Toyota dealer for them to have emailed you? If it's a nice car, daily driving it will drop it's value unfortunately.

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
I asked McGeorge Toyota (order all my OEM stuff online from them) about these new parts, and the response was, "In regard to the heritage parts program, we have not received any word on that."

Reactions: loc182 and debrucer

finaltable

Grue
Authorized Seller
Did you buy from a Toyota dealer for them to have emailed you? If it's a nice car, daily driving it will drop it's value unfortunately.
I went to Toyota and self registered.

I never cared about the value of this car. The Mark III targa roof Supra is my number one favorite car to drive if I am paying the bill. There is no car in the world I would rather drive for my two hour round trip commute. As long as I can keep it running reliably I will drive this over anything else. I live near Houston so we don't get snow and live far enough from the gulf to avoid salt exposure. There is no reason I can't put 200K+ miles on this car.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I asked McGeorge Toyota (order all my OEM stuff online from them) about these new parts, and the response was, "In regard to the heritage parts program, we have not received any word on that."
I understand that... my dealer had similar words, but the word from Toyota, specifically the GR division, is that you go to the dealer to order. It stands to reason that the dealer has to order, too, and if they haven't heard of it, they haven't ordered. I will be damned if I ever had to pay that kind of money for a door handle. Perhaps it's time to part this sucker out to those willing to bend over to such treatment.

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
I understand that... my dealer had similar words, but the word from Toyota, specifically the GR division, is that you go to the dealer to order. It stands to reason that the dealer has to order, too, and if they haven't heard of it, they haven't ordered. I will be damned if I ever had to pay that kind of money for a door handle. Perhaps it's time to part this sucker out to those willing to bend over to such treatment.
How much is being charged for the new door handle? If a price has been mentioned, I didn't catch it anywhere.

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
Just like prices for the R154s - if I'm going to look at paying $300 for a door handle or $3000 for a transmission, it's time to start looking for a parts car.
Thats MSRP, dealer price is much lower just FYI

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Compare it to heritage Porsche parts, it a bargain!!
That's true. You can also compare it to more modern vehicles. The youtube Tesla guru named Rich has shown lots of examples. I think one was a door handle that cost over $1000. Still, if they're going to charge those kinds of prices they better come through with a full line of products... all the things that hundreds of users have requested. To come up with two items at these prices after so long is pathetic.

loc182

Seven Empowered!
Authorized Seller
Are the door handles that fragile? I am surprised this is such a requested part, as the handle seems pretty robust.

They really need to start making the 89+ taillights. Even at high prices I bet they could sell those all day long. I just saw a Facebook post for a very nice set of all three pieces with gray trim for $1000.