Toyota Heritage Parts

A70nut

Authorized Seller
Amayama? Their well has been running pretty dry as of late for both the MK2 MR2 and MK3 Supra. Still worth a look to confirm though.
I just ordered a boat load of body clips and parts from amayama to find out that a lot of them have ceased to exist new and I was the first to try and order them in a while apparently. They have some stuff but they're dried up for the most part.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor

That's the one I was talking about earlier. It seems they will submit orders to any manufacture and try to obtain a part. They charge a pretty penny for the service, but if they've got the sources it would be worth a try. They don't appear to list much of anything as discontinued. Don't know anything about their success rate... just seemed like they have the mechanism in place to search fully.

Last edited:

Kine

Authorized Seller

That's the one I was talking about earlier. It seems they will submit orders to any manufacture and try to obtain a part. They charge a pretty penny for the service, but if they've got the sources it would be worth a try. They don't appear to list much of anything as discontinued. Don't know anything about their success rate... just seemed like they have the mechanism in place to search fully.
I know one thing they couldn't source, the OEM spare tire ;) Mine rusted out and I tied to get a new one from them since the price wasn't too awful. Ended up getting a good condition one from eBay. Hawaii sucks for finding pick 'n pull parts.

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Yeah, I’ve ordered a complete lock set, a replacement 89 cruise control wheel button, and targa top holder covers, all in the last 3 weeks, all supposedly in stock with Amayama. All three orders were later refunded to me.

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
Yeah, I’ve ordered a complete lock set, a replacement 89 cruise control wheel button, and targa top holder covers, all in the last 3 weeks, all supposedly in stock with Amayama. All three orders were later refunded to me.
Unless the icon is bright green and the text is bold, stock is not guaranteed.

All those items dried up several years ago.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Speculation today at the Toyota parts department was that differences between TRD and GR might not be completely resolved. The parts man who does the special orders has inquired at his sources and nobody seems to know much of anything. I reminded him that this thread was started in May 2019.

If GR is the performance/tuning house for the Supra what is TRD? More speculation... TRD will become GR, not the other way around.

I guess they'll tell us when they tell us :)