Toyota Heritage Parts

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I really hope Toyota actually takes this seriously and does more than what I am expecting them to do....

We don't need a pile of new wiper motors and wheel nuts.

I am going to have to makes some calls to the people I know in Plano, TX at their corporate headquarters.
See if I can find out anything useful.

loc182

Seven Empowered!
Authorized Seller
I added lots of comments about what I was hoping for parts wise. Asked for entire interiors, all the hoses and rubber in the engine bay, and some modern TRD stuff, like a 3inch downpipe that doesn't hang below the bottom of the car.

I was also glad to see MR2 stuff as a possible option. Granted, I cannot really afford a Supra now, but it would be sweet to get the AW11 fixed up as well after I sell some organs.

alcyon

Authorized Seller
I just got an email survey this morning from Toyota asking me first about how much I've spent on Toyota genuine, and then anything else combined. They then proceed to ask about my interest in certain parts, and wondering how many I'd be interested in, why, and how much is be willing to pay. The answers are only selectable, a bit closed ended.

The list of parts is not really impressive to say the least, but addresses some other otherwise unavailable parts.

View attachment 82351

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I will show interest through this survey, and hopefully they expand their selection.
What? suspension bushings and upper mounts not on the list ?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
There are no aftermarket bushings that are rubber type (OE replacement or stiffer type). In general I won't use poly bushings.

Jeff

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

Authorized Seller
There are no aftermarket bushings that are rubber type (OE replacement or stiffer type). In general I won't use poly bushings.

Jeff
Yes I want to keep the factory ride quality of the car and not go to PU. Besides there is an issue with the KYB upper mounts for the rear with TEMS shocks.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller

Jeff
I tend to lean this way as well. I think there's good reason no OEMs use poly bushings.

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
Yes, rubber is much cheaper. Also with Poly OEM NVH levels can easily reached.

Anyway, the list of reproduction parts as per the attachment is not very promising to say the least

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
What link are you folks using to register your car?
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle in my browser, and I'm logged on... presumably www.toyota.com :)

Edit: After answering this I went back and made sure I opt-ed in because it's been a couple of weeks since I registered. They have a form on the site for opt-in for such things as "heritage parts" and "supra", so I filled out that crap. I need a dealer part, so I may push a bit tomorrow at the dealership.

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle in my browser, and I'm logged on... presumably www.toyota.com :)

Edit: After answering this I went back and made sure I opt-ed in because it's been a couple of weeks since I registered. They have a form on the site for opt-in for such things as "heritage parts" and "supra", so I filled out that crap. I need a dealer part, so I may push a bit tomorrow at the dealership.
Where did you find the forms? I am registered, but can't see any form or opt-in.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I am still waiting to hear back from Toyota HQ on this.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Where did you find the forms? I am registered, but can't see any form or opt-in.
After registering my car by creating a user account, I went to this menu at the bottom of the page and clicked on "Email Updates"
email-updates.jpg

That took me to this page, and the subsequent pages are very detailed check boxes.

opt-in.jpg

I only did this part yesterday myself. I had registered the first day we started talking about it, and have not heard anything.

I was at the dealer this morning to get parts... which they did not have. I totally forgot about asking... my bad.

I'm due to go back tomorrow for an oil pan drain plug which I think is 18 mm... surprised the dealer didn't have one. Perhaps that shows a need for Heritage Parts :)

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'm due to go back tomorrow for an oil pan drain plug which I think is 18 mm.
Do you like those magnetic oil drain plugs? I run those in my Lexus and Supra oil pan. I still need to find one for the r154 and differential plug.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Do you like those magnetic oil drain plugs? I run those in my Lexus and Supra oil pan. I still need to find one for the r154 and differential plug.
I haven't gotten in magnetic drain plugs.

I'm scared to death of metal in my crankcase though. There are stories about people not properly cleaning their blocks...

It's been so long between various steps that I lose confidence that I've done things right.

Taking things apart for the past two weeks has allowed me to check my work :)

Once I got that far, and had the pan off, I spent three days just making the pan pretty.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Fumoto drain plug is da bomb. Mine needed a 2nd gasket, but has been good for years now.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The parts guys at the dealership admitted they knew nothing about the Heritage Parts program. They asked me to explain what it was, and promised they'd try to find something out about it. They are going to ask the guy in Texas where they place orders and see what they can find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: suprarx7nut

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller
The parts guys at the dealership admitted they knew nothing about the Heritage Parts program.
Yep same deal here in Australia, the local dealer hadn't heard about it. I emailed them the announcement so could read about it, lol

Reactions: debrucer