Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well, i cant call it a build since most of it was already there, but there will be a last round of new stuff going on here.....RonR short runner, turbonetics t-61 bb, big intercooler, oneandgone's old body parts, q45, and a major makeover on hoses, pipe, and wiring. Maft pro is up and running(or was) and its awesome.
BEFORE:

CURRENTLY:

Attachments

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
These are current, engine compartment, inside hood, and maxx evo will receive ppg deltron dbc in Supramania Red, and several coats of Stratoclear this weekend, i hate the darker dingier red from the factory under hood, so it will get the same color as body.:biglaugh:

Attachments

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Authorized Seller
looking good man, I'll be doin the ol engine bay soon enough, good on ya for doin a 7m, seems like everyones goin jz these days.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks man, No JZ for me, not in a MK3 anyway. I used to live in SD early 90's, gotta love that weather! Dont miss the traffic, do miss OB, and Gulls games.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks, but I have my hands full already, tired of it already, but im kinda at the point of no return here.

s383mmber1

tookwik4u89 said:
Thanks, but I have my hands full already, tired of it already, but im kinda at the point of no return here.

Ian's a very sarcastic man! I don't think he was completly serious!

But take pictures every second you can!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Ian's willing to pay a trip to australia to paint? shit, i'd do it for free!
just give me a little while to learn about painting... lol

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Okay painting is OVER, under the hood anyway, it turned out so well, I may paint the car myself. I felt bad sanding away at that pearl white paint on oneandgone's old bumper, but it looks much sexier red. (sorry Grant!) I have a couple small runs to wet sand, but it came out real good. Heeeeeeere's the pics::biglaugh:

Attachments

supra8795

Authorized Seller
Lookin good man. Im really lookin forward to seeing your car in person sometime soon. If you need any help let me know, im up in the rockford area often.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks guys! More pics coming tomorrow, made alot of progress the last 2 days, just waiting on a riser for the turbo, then make my I/C pipe on the hot side.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thanks! You cant tell with the lighting in that photo, but even the igniter is blingin'. After racking my brain how to setup cop or relocate coils, I decided to leave them in stock location for now, with the cover chopped to cover just the coils, where you can see the v/c's in front(like b4 pic). I think I'm putting the 62-1 back in for now, until MDC finishes my riser for the T-61BB, hopefully soon!! Also running with no p/s cooler, dont think it will hurt for now, not into road racing, planning on mostly strip. Didn't feel the need for big $ adjustable cam gears, so i cleaned up the stockers, they look sweet, basically like brushed aluminum look, and everything is coated with Zoopseal. Much love to my g/f (fiancee) Janet... I have been working 5 weeks str8 like a 2nd job on this , and she never bitches, first woman I ever had so understanding....you're all that babe!

MDCmotorsports

Offical Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Authorized Seller
Contributor
And my adaptor was a total boat anchor or a good piece???????????????

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Authorized Seller
Contributor
LMAO....Kinda started as a boat anchor, too much angle, I chopped out some of the center, and welded back together. Now seems ok, only ~1/2
" from strut tower, hopefully it won't hit. BTW I got your addy, your I/C is on the way, actually in my trunk, It will be dropped off on my way home from work. THANKS Jon!