Thin wall 12pt. 14mm...

Supraross

Authorized Seller
Anyone recommend a particular socket for ARP head studs? Have tried all the different ones i can find at vatozone, oreillys, home depot, lowes, advanced... Cant find one that will get on the nuts of the head studs...

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
I got a socket set from oreillys that included the 14mm 12 point thin wall socket. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Anyone recommend a particular socket for ARP head studs? Have tried all the different ones i can find at vatozone, oreillys, home depot, lowes, advanced... Cant find one that will get on the nuts of the head studs...

Then something is incorrect. I use the Kobalt 12pt socket without issues to remove and retorque the ARP headstuds to 90 lbs-ft (per ARP instructions) with both intake cam and exhaust cam still installed in the head.

Reactions: Supraross

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
20200303_123655_copy_2268x3024_copy_1701x2268.jpg

Here's what I got from oreillys. It has a part number top right corner. Ask them to find this for you. It works great for me.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I used Craftsman sockets w/ my ARP bolts/nuts without ever having an issue. Lot of options to choose from IMO.
I agree... nothing super special... Craftsman mostly... definitely don't remember any serious problem finding the right fit. I know it' a problem because this isn't the first time there's been a thread on it. All I remember is that it required a 12 point socket, not 6. I definitely didn't use an adapter from 3/8ths to a quarter because I didn't want to torque them with one. The torque wrench size was the deciding factor for me.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
They are standard size sockets as it’s an American company not Japanese. . 1/2” is correct. A 13mm can also be used.