The LHD Digidash Bible

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
I have a question regarding the external speed signal generator that the speedo cable connects to.
Can this be directly connected to the standard ECU or does the digital dash modify the signal before sending to the ECU
I need to feed a speed signal to a standard ECU to keep the auto trans ecu happy but there won't be a standard dash to supply the signal. The digi dash external speed signal generator looked like a promising solution

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Unfortunately, the digital dash does mess with the signal some before it goes to the ECU. I believe it is something like a divide by 5 setup or something along those lines. The external speed sensor puts out 20 pulses per revolution but if I remember correctly, the stock speed sensor is something like 4 pulses per revolution.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Sorry, I haven't been around here in awhile. Yes there is. I go through the procedures on post #57. I am working on another LHD digidash, but without owning a Supra anymore, it is kind of difficult to experiment around like I did on the genesis project.

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I still check this thread from time to time. Hoping for an update. Was the project scrapped? if anything id take over your conversion lol

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
If anybody else does this or has a digi-dash that they are converting over to mph let me know, I have 3D printed speedo wheels from AutoExtrude that convert the actual input and make the speedometer accurate

Bluemax189

Authorized Seller
so got a different type of issue with my digital dash.

what did you use for the acutal speedo cable? I have a digital dash jza70. started having issues with not showing speed. I ordered a long and short cable from DM. the short was broken so replaced. all is well. i wanted to replace the long but the connection to the digital dash box the cable plugs in to does not fit.

So did you use an analog clusters box for the digi dash with the existing speedo cable or did you the actual digital dash box and modify to take the normal speedo cable?

You can see in the pic below what im working with. have a brand new long cable but its a different connector and wider than that that would fix on the box.

20180422_181504
by Bobby Geida, on Flickr