The 7mgte Bolt-On Turbo Catalog

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
So I thought it'd be cool to finally catalog (with pics) all of the bolt-on turbos that have been manufactured for the 7mgte.

*** Please do not include ct-26's with larger compressor wheels and factory covers. ***

I"ll start :eek:

1. SupraSport Stage 3 60-1

SS Stage3 60-1 Far.jpg

SS Stage3 60-1 Tilt.jpg

SS Stage3 60-1 Rear.jpg

2. Turbonetics Hifi 62-1 Stage 5 w/ 4" compressor cover

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Close.jpg

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Far.jpg

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Rear.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Thought this thread would have a little more momentum.

Rather have mounted pics, but had to scrounge the net for these few. Beggers can't be choosers.

Keeping it going.

5. JT61GT Turbo 61mm GT35R compressor w/ Boss SS Turbine Housing

DSCI0016-1.jpg

6. Boss Lipp t04 (stage 5) with ITS compressor housing, rated at 650hp and specs 67mm in

2me1l45.jpg

w/ GTS Cover

boss2.jpg

7. Boss SR. stage 5, gts61, triple ceramic ball bearing

turbo.jpg

8. Frankenstein 5 Greddy TD06-20G (anyone have pics of the elbow to dp adapter?)

turbo.jpg

turbo.jpg

9. Real OG SupraSport Stage 3 60-1 and Stage 5 60-1 Both w/ 3" inlets

Stage 3 vs Stage 5.jpg

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
Now I must ask, where can you still get these bolt on turbos??
Kinda the point of this thread. Other than what Piratetip has posted, they're all old school OG options. Not many come up for sale anymore. So if we don't post pics of them in this thread, once they are no longer hosted on the net, they're gone. :wtc:

Last edited:

SupraKid

Authorized Seller
Kinda of the point of this thread. Other than what Piratetip has posted, they're all old school OG options. Not many come up for sale anymore. So if we don't post pics of them in this thread, once they are no longer hosted on the net, they're gone. :wtc:

Gotcha, I am always searching through ebay for some hard to find parts. Even japan yahoo auctions has some cool stuff

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Comp Turbo is who makes them for Supra Sport and you can buy direct from Comp. The SP turbo is made by Precision and not sure if they sell direct?

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
The Turbonetics unit not sure if they make them anyone?
They are actually some of the rarest since Turbonetics only offered them for a couple of years in the early 2000's through the reseller Horsepower Freaks. I came across a price sheet for them (wish I kept it) where they offered a dozen different options including exhaust housings (3 different a/r's), turbines, compressor wheels, covers and even a ball bearing upgrade. With all of the options availabe, it's strange I've seen so few over they years.:dunno:

Pretty sure Grimjack's still running his Stage 3.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Comp turbo was formed after a split at Turbonetics. I think they make different A/R CT housings as well. I should order one and throw it in the garage in case no more.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Comp turbo was formed after a split at Turbonetics. I think they make different A/R CT housings as well. I should order one and throw it in the garage in case no more.
Where does Comp turbo list the CT housing turbos?
Or do you have to contact them directly about it?

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
Yeah I just called Comp turbo.

They said that product for the 87-92 supra was such a low volume item they discontinued it.

They don't have any more parts for them on the shelf either.
This is for the CT26 style bolt on turbine housing.
Even the casting mold was designed by them, they had the parts made at a foundry.
That's quite a big investment for something like this.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Yeah I just called Comp turbo.

They said that product for the 87-92 supra was such a low volume item they discontinued it.

They don't have any more parts for them on the shelf either.
This is for the CT26 style bolt on turbine housing.
Even the casting mold was designed by them, they had the parts made at a foundry.
That's quite a big investment for something like this.
Dang that is sad! I should have grabbed it when they still made them! It was a cool option that looked stock and had a lot of options. Precision maybe still making them?? Not sure if they were better or worst then Comp?

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
Yeah I called Precision as well.

They were very reluctant to give any information on this.
He mentioned SP offering a product and that they didn't sell any or know of any.
When I asked where SP was sourcing the custom made turbine housing he shut down and said even if they made it he wouldn't know anything about it.
Very Odd.

Maybe someone can find a individual at Precision that is willing to give out some more information.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
If comp turbo made the investment for the mold, they must still have it. I wonder if they'd sell it if they're not using it?

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
NIB Suprasport Boss Jr. 57 trim ball-bearing. I bought this when they made it clear this was going to be the last batch they planned to make. It also came in a 60-1 trim. For my goals, the 57 trim was what I needed. I also have the matching Lipp elbow.

IMG_3442s.JPG
IMG_3443s.JPG
IMG_3445s.JPG

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
3p141592654, very nice.

I saw an identical one that was used selling on ebay around a year ago. Guy was only asking $500 and no one bid. I couldn’t believe it. I was seriously thinking about picking it up, but it’d be a downgrade as far as power output from my current 62-1 turbo. It would be nice to have ball bearings tho.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Sounds like SP is the only one you can order threw for the Precision turbo CT-26. It's hurts! I could have order one and I remember the guy on the phone saying bring me $1000 cash and I build it any way you want lol!

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Another very nice option would be a new cast log manifold with a T4 flange and do an EFR on it. Or a new cast housing for an EFR that bolts on would be sweet as well.

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Suprasport sold the Jr for $1525 in 2010 when I bought this one. Install kit was another $200, and so was the elbow. I don't know how successful the Jr series was for Suprasport. I know a couple of people on here who have them, but I think the Sr line was more popular.

Last edited:

Piratetip

Authorized Seller

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Yeah that or a CT26 to T4 adapter using the stock manifold.
Though then you would be limited to only internally gated turbos.

Is this the only style T4 cast manifold on the market now?
Yes I believe that is a copy of the HKS and everyone sold these. Makes me wounder if they all bought them from the same supplier in China? I would run internally gated my self and close the WG flag. Now the bad part is you can't run the stock heat shields like you can on the Turbonetics stock looking log unit.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Yeah, but heat-shields are pretty minor.
You can easily find some rigid bendable heat shielding now and make your own custom ones.
Very similar to OE style shielding.

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/automotive/heat-shield-and-thermal-barriers/inferno-shield
For me it was about keeping the OEM look on one of my cars while making 500+whp. I don't know why but the idea of a stockish looking engine bay on a low mile car I have that makes decent power is exciting lol. I have the Turbonetics Turbo which I was planing to redo with all new upgraded parts since the CT turbos are not be made any more? Mambatech does make the larger AR housing and larger CT turbos. So maybe the last guys are them now?

Last edited:

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
Eh I don't know if I would trust Mambatech.
Has anyone here taken the gamble and bought one of their turbos?

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Authorized Seller
I am pulling the 7M from my car to upgrade to a 2J and will be selling my ITS based stage 4 GTS 60-1 triple ceramic ball bearing BOSS turbo with all the lines etc. It has just over 60,000 km on it but was rebuilt less than 5000 km ago (new seals). Will make 450 wheel easily at 16 psi. PM me.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I've got two, not sure their origin. One is machined out toyota housings 60-1 and a P trim turbine I think (aftermarket center section), the other is an aftermarket exhaust housing and PT6176. Heres pictures of them with a stocker to compare.

I'm planning to use the 60-1 on my new 7m build and hope for 500whp, if i cant reach it, i'll swap to the 61.

Last edited:

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
Looked at the Mamba offerings a bit more.

Not sure the exhaust housings size they chose to make are a great choice.
Looks like most of the stuff they offer has a 7 cm turbing housing.
Which seems awfully small for an engine this size.

Wouldn't all these turbos severely limit the top end power?

http://shop.mambatek.com/product.sc?productId=2177&categoryId=-1
http://shop.mambatek.com/product.sc?productId=2178&categoryId=-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-TOYOTA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Yes, the stock manifold and exhaust housings are small and restrictive. If you're looking for top end power/lots of power a t4 setup is far superior, plus has tons more options. The bolton is for stock appearance, simplicity, and quick response.

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
So the stock CT-26 turbine housing is also 7cm / .49 A/R that Mamba lists for their custom made one?
I am trying to figure out why they chose such a small custom made housing that can adapt to Garrett CHRA's.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
Looked at the Mamba offerings a bit more.

Not sure the exhaust housings size they chose to make are a great choice.
Looks like most of the stuff they offer has a 7 cm turbing housing.
Which seems awfully small for an engine this size.

http://shop.mambatek.com/product.sc?productId=2177&categoryId=-1
http://shop.mambatek.com/product.sc?productId=2178&categoryId=-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-TOYOTA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Mamba also has a 8cm .64 AR housing as well. I believe the larger housings are the same that came on the Turbo A cars.

suprapilot

Authorized Seller
I've got two, not sure their origin. One is machined out toyota housings 60-1 and a P trim turbine I think (aftermarket center section), the other is an aftermarket exhaust housing and PT6176. Heres pictures of them with a stocker to compare.

I'm planning to use the 60-1 on my new 7m build and hope for 500whp, if i cant reach it, i'll swap to the 61.

The CT with the larger turbine has the smaller AR housing that that will limit it. The center is the Chinese CX racing style t61 turbo looks like?

Piratetip

Authorized Seller
Mamba also has a 8cm .64 AR housing as well. I believe the larger housings are the same that came on the Turbo A cars.
Yeah I saw a select few of their turbos paired with the 8cm.
Don't see it being sold separately though.

Might contact them and see how many options they have available.

Ah I found a sold one...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMBA-TOYO...tULU8Q9lziPACfrxwuSDk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edit:
Found it. PN: 013-1152
http://www.shop.mambatek.com/search...3D3BDA7C041.p3plqscsfapp006?keywords=013-1152