TEMS Replacement shocks.

JGD

Good Evening Everyone. I have a MK3 and the shocks are getting a bit tired especially in the back. Has anyone ever found a replacement shock with TEMS. I know the dealers mention that they are discontinued? The original part number is 48510-19015 Then thy say it has been replaced by 19016 then 19025 and now 19026. Has anyone found a aftermarket one. I would love to keep the car original and the TEMS suspension. I know that we can replace them with non TEMS shock. Can anyone help?

Thanks and have a great evening.

SupraDrew

Authorized Seller
Hello,

Only place i have seen a good replacement is rhdjapan dot com, they are listed at 200 each and i am not sure if they can be shipped air. It is a KYB strut that is designed to work with tems.

Finding any is the states is a miracle.

Good luck.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Tokico Illumina's used to work, but we lost the US distributor multiple times over the years.
So those are no longer available.

As SupraDrew stated there are KYB replacements available in Japan.
Nengun also lists them for sale.
There are multiple places on Yahoo.jp that sells them as well.

Part numbers as follows for the KYB shocks:
Super Special for Street

Part Numbers:
Front
SEA0010 x 2

Rear
SEA0020 x 2

These companies in Japan are technically not supposed to ship pressurized shocks by air.
But there are ways around it.

Find a reputable proxy that will buy the parts for you in Japan and then they will ship to you.
You end up paying an extra fee for the middle man, but that's generally the status quo for getting parts out of Japan.
I found a good proxy that was able to do this for me, but in the end the cost to get these were about the same for an entire set of coilovers. (~$1,000)
You could spend less to get a complete new set of Tein coilovers for the cost of 4 of these.
Luckly I ended up finding some Tokico shocks after months of looking, so I never got the KYB's.

Good luck!

JGD

Thanks everyone. I have sent a E-Mail to KYB in the US and see if they can help me.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Let us know what they say to you.
I tried that as well, they were totally clueless and of zero help.
Didn't have any idea what the overseas products were.
Didn't even have a contact over there they could direct me to.