Tein Flex Z Coilovers for 1989 Supra

LB7M

Authorized Seller
Does anyone have any experience with the Tein Flex Z coilovers?

I still have the original suspension on the car, and would like to slightly lower the car.
Was looking for lowering springs, but seems only H&R is available and I think it would drop the car too low.

Saw these at Driftmotion and they look pretty good.

Car is a daily driver(only in summer) and don't want the ride too stiff...no track use
Car currently rides on 18inch wheels, no TEMS.

If any one has installed these I would appreciate any reviews.

Thanks

A70nut

Authorized Seller
They ride much better than the super streets and are a higher end coilover as they allow ride height and spring preload to be adjusted independently, allowing the car to be lowered but not ride hard as a rock. I think they're also 32 way adjustable iirc.

Reactions: LB7M

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I installed these last year and I have no complaints. I like all the adjustments you get and how everything dropped right in for a easy replacement.

I originally had those H&R lowering springs on TEMS shocks but I did not like how low the Supra was sitting especially with some of the holes in the road we have around my area. After I switched to Eibach lowering springs on TEMS shocks for around the last 11 years, I did enjoy the ride handling a lot better. Now after going with the TEIN Z coilovers I feel that probably should have switched over a long time ago.

LB7M

Authorized Seller
I installed these last year and I have no complaints. I like all the adjustments you get and how everything dropped right in for a easy replacement.

I originally had those H&R lowering springs on TEMS shocks but I did not like how low the Supra was sitting especially with some of the holes in the road we have around my area. After I switched to Eibach lowering springs on TEMS shocks for around the last 11 years, I did enjoy the ride handling a lot better. Now after going with the TEIN Z coilovers I feel that probably should have switched over a long time ago.

Thanks for the reply.
Did you have to trim the speaker grill area to fit these shocks, or does it all fit in?

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
No problem. No modifications needed at all, these drop right in as if they were factory shocks. Since these are adjustable, I still put my rear speaker covers on but I do not use that 1 Phillips bolt so I can remove them easily to make adjustments. You also can use the TEIN EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) with these coilovers too.

Reactions: LB7M