T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
I would love to hear reliability out of them, though i don't expect it.

This is def a repost and its been covered only a couple times IIRC.

Please feel free to buy and do extensive testing on it. Let the community know! I'm sure many would appreciate it if it does turn out good.

**My preference though would be for someone like MDC to get one and disassemble it and decide what kind of quality parts and assembly are being used. I would trust him or people with his experience.

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Was covered in another thread, but I kinda like the turbine housing as it would allow a DDP without the actual divider flap and it would seal properly with a gasket...

rayall01

Authorized Seller
I checked his feedback, and it seem the turbos he sells have made the buyers happy. Looks like a nice piece, and a good price. I may go with this unit to replace my old tired CT26. So, definitely buy it and test it out for us, OK.:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
Sorry about the Repost but I did searh befor I posted & didn't see anything about it. I have heard back from 3 buyer that I emaild. 2 Have not installed it yet, 1 has & is happy with it. Waiting on a cpl more of the buyers to get back to me.

sethron71

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
First it is not bolt in...as there is no water cooling so lines will have to be rerouted.

But anyways look at the specs:
Air Inlet 3"
Compressed Air Outlet 2.5"
Bearing Journal Bearing
Turbine Housing Flange 4-bolt
Exhaust Outlet 4-bolt
HP ~500 WHP
Internal WG: 8PSI
Compressor .50 A/R
Turbine .63 A/R
Compressor Wheel 60 Trim Compressor Wheel
Exducer: 84mm
Mayor:66.6mm
Turbine Wheel Exducer: 74.6mm
Mayor:64.6mm
Works for Toyota Supra MKIII with 7MGTE engine

66.6mm wheel is pretty damn big. But like mentioned some testing would be great.

Seth

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
^according to the page its electronically assembled so i would GUESS a computer does any balancing before its assembled.

EDIT: I misread. It says it IS computer balanced.

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
if we had 500 people interested we could all probably throw in a dollar and send it to a certified member to inspect lol.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
Compare......look at the cast. Top is a Boss Jr. 57 trim. Nearly identical. WG is very very similar as well. I wonder what internals CX uses. Anybody have specs on Boss' turbine specs?

MRSUPRA

Authorized Seller
It is not a T61, it's a 67. It looks nice, but the A/R on both housings are small for that size turbo. And as I have always said, the turbo is the one thing I would never cheap out on.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Look more carefully at the pics, there definitely is a coolant line flange on the housing.
I don't see any water ports...I don't even think the stock oil lines will work on it. I imagine it is a t3/4 center section..

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'd like to hear more as well as I am in the market for a replacement as soon as I rebuild my motor. The problem with ebay feedback is people post it as soon as they receive the item, or as soon as they install it, so the feedback doesnt really illustrate the reliability of the unit.

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
OP: ask seller how "bolt on" this turbo really is. IE water cooled? Oil lines bolt up? etc.
From a cpl reply's I got from the Ebay buyers the stock oil & water lines wont work. New lines have to made up or a kit bought just like you would for the Sp61GT or the Boss turbos.

I really like the info Im getting from the Ebay buyers but as lewis15498 pointed out nothing on longevity. Only thing to go on there is with all the other Turbos they have sold & from the info on Ebay & CxRacing web site they all are holding up. I searched Ask.com & Google for feedback in general & didn't find any negative wright ups but no supporting testimonials off there web sit tho. While I think I have enough info to make me comfortable enough to try it out I'm still on the fence of this Bolt on T-61 or full T4 set up. With the Bolt on I can do myself & handle the water/oil lines. A T4 I would need a new Down Pipe w/V-band made up. That I can't do myself & finding a shop that will do it is a PITA in my town. I seen 935motorsport had some V-band down pipes but they are listed for 2J & 1J. Also My IC pipes & a few other things would have to be re done which I can do but just ads to the down time.

Last edited:

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Authorized Seller
Sounds tempting but for that price you know quality and longevity will suffer. Probably made in China with inferior parts. I feel ebay turbos are the wrong way to go, but by all means, someone prove me wrong.

rayall01

Authorized Seller
I can't be sure from the photos, but if the bolts mounting the exhaust and compressor housings are evenly spaced, you should be able to clock it to line up the oil and coolant flanges.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Yea...One is the oil inlet and one is the drain. And there are no coolant ports.

I believe I got it right the first time...it's a t3/4 center section. Oil cooled only.

rayall01

Authorized Seller
Yea...One is the oil inlet and one is the drain. And there are no coolant ports.

I believe I got it right the first time...it's a t3/4 center section. Oil cooled only.
I stand corrected, I didn't look at all the pics, and I just found one that shows the ports clearly. Oil only after all.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
oil or water AND oil cooled, not a big deal....The stock water lines are easily bypassed. Not to mention cooling shouldn't be an issue with today's synthetic oils

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
Told by whom? Buyers or sellers?
All the pics look oil only to me?
I got the info from a buyer but I misread his 1st email. It is oil cooled only. He re-routed the water line like this

And made up own oil lines. No dyno info yet. The five I talked to just got the turbos this July. Only a cpl of them are running while the others are still under there builds.

sthmstr

Authorized Seller
Here's the official response.....

Dear aaron5228,

this is oil cooler only, no water. But it is sufficient, we have sold a lot, have 0 issues. Very nice product.

- etdmotors

No Water it seems....

sethron71

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I am sorry but no water cooling was the first thing I said on the first page...there are only 2 ports on the turbo, every turbo is oil cooled therefore no water cooling so I don't know why this is still a discussion. Anyways it is so cheap why doesn't someone buy it and try it! I would have jumped on this in a heart beat if I wasn't T4, just for reference both my Supra's make over 400rwhp and 400rwtq on ebay turbos. I really am a firm believer that 90% of problems with turbos and such is the tuner/owner. A bad tune will kill a motor, turbo, system in a heart beat no matter what the brand is. Don't get me wrong there is a difference between a Garrett and a knock off but people are using the knock-offs successfully and repeatably!

The short: its worth trying if for the price with out a doubt!

Seth

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Authorized Seller
200 more for a ct26 with 57 trim. Proven and longer lifespan. Not to mention bolt on, retain stock look, water and oil cooled.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Authorized Seller
I am sorry but no water cooling was the first thing I said on the first page...there are only 2 ports on the turbo, every turbo is oil cooled therefore no water cooling so I don't know why this is still a discussion. Anyways it is so cheap why doesn't someone buy it and try it! I would have jumped on this in a heart beat if I wasn't T4, just for reference both my Supra's make over 400rwhp and 400rwtq on ebay turbos. I really am a firm believer that 90% of problems with turbos and such is the tuner/owner. A bad tune will kill a motor, turbo, system in a heart beat no matter what the brand is. Don't get me wrong there is a difference between a Garrett and a knock off but people are using the knock-offs successfully and repeatably!

The short: its worth trying if for the price with out a doubt!

Seth

No need to get bent out of shape about this seth. Yes you made have said that but who cares :3d_frown:

Yes you were right but it being water cooled or not is not the point of this thread. Most people here including myself are looking for reassurance more than anything based on first hand knowledge. I'm glad you have no problems with your ebay turbos. That kind of info is good to know. Were they from ETDmotors? If so, that's even better. It can give them some credit.

200 more for a ct26 with 57 trim. Proven and longer lifespan. Not to mention bolt on, retain stock look, water and oil cooled.
Maybe so but there is A LOT more power to be gained from this turbo. Not to mention it will have much less compressor surge being in the larger housings, so its lifetime may be quite a bit longer for all we know.