Supramania's Elite Engine bay Thread...ZERO progress pics.

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
Looks awesome

About the only thing I would change is the location of that PS res, not that its messy or anything but because everywhere else is so clean it sort of sticks out, maybe you could look at relocating it or must mounting it lower down near the chassis rail

This is definitely a benchmark engine bay for simplicity, well done!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
Authorized Seller
Contributor
^^^ That continues to be one of my all time favorites. Great execution on the theme!:: obama ::

-crisp

polobai

Authorized Seller
I guess I didnt do mine? Built 7m, shaved bay 510whp, 460 lb ft/tq @ 20 psi on a gt4082

crisp

existentialincrementalist
Authorized Seller
Contributor
^^^ Gorgeous!:boink:

-crisp

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
I guess I didnt do mine? Built 7m, shaved bay 510whp, 460 lb ft/tq @ 20 psi on a gt4082

I had a picture of your engine bay saved from before you did the blackouts and it was to my eyes the cleanest engine bay I had seen so far. The only thing I though was odd was the oil filter sitting in the rear corner of the engine bay but you seem to have moved it now.

I see we have the same radiator.

What exactly have you used on the intake pipe and valve covers, it looks great

polobai

Authorized Seller
Thanks I moved the filter because I was getting pressure loss with it higher than the engine and drainback issues. The material I used to cover the intake manifold, intake, valve covers etc Was a product called "Neefy wrap". It's a carbon fiber fabric. It's not self adhesive so if I did it again I would use a self adhesive material like 3m dinoc. I Love my Pwr radiator-works like a champ-never sees above 180 while cruising and only have to use the electric fans in traffic. I like your car also-clean and simple.

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
Thanks I moved the filter because I was getting pressure loss with it higher than the engine and drainback issues. The material I used to cover the intake manifold, intake, valve covers etc Was a product called "Neefy wrap". It's a carbon fiber fabric. It's not self adhesive so if I did it again I would use a self adhesive material like 3m dinoc. I Love my Pwr radiator-works like a champ-never sees above 180 while cruising and only have to use the electric fans in traffic. I like your car also-clean and simple.
I might use some of that material on my intake pipe. Where is your fuse box located? I really think I need to get mine out of the engine bay now

polobai

Authorized Seller
I relocated the fuse box to the drivers side fenderwell in front of the wheel. Its a bit harder to get to but it cleans up the bay nicely.

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
I relocated the fuse box to the drivers side fenderwell in front of the wheel. Its a bit harder to get to but it cleans up the bay nicely.
Do you have any issues with it getting wet or have you got some form if weather protection. I am thinking I wilk open up the body loom and relocate the fuse box to the glove-box.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
Authorized Seller
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Any more detailed pics of valve covers and center cover?

polobai

Authorized Seller
Not currently. I think if you search my username there is a build thread from a few years back. There may be pics in there. No problems with moisture where the fuse box is-I try not to drive in the rain but when it gets wet there are no issues.

dslocal

Authorized Seller
Try routing the booster hose under it instead, plug off or finish removing ac ports and a sparkplug cover. Other than that beautifully done sir.

dslocal

Authorized Seller
Its a black 1j you just can't see it cause the bay is black