Suggestions

IchibanEye

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I'll be removing the valve covers next week and replacing some gaskets and what not. While I have all of this stuff apart is there anything else I should hit while I have the motor this far cracked open? I plan on new valve cover seals, new 3rd (spark plug valley) valve cover o-rings, new spark plug wires, new spark plugs. Thanks all.

quickstudy

Authorized Seller
Electrical grounds tend to go out. one near the back of the block on the left IIRC. I also run an extra ground to the coils with a quick connector to allow easy removal of the coils. I also do a fresh ground for the igniter on a turbo as that is a known problem issue.

IchibanEye

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well a little over 6 months later and I am finally getting around to this all. I will be ordering my needed parts today. If all goes well tracking down a few needed things still. Like how about a good line on some nice built spark plug wires. Also some good copper plugs to compliment the tune up.

I would inspect the valve shims and check the clearance in all 24 valves if you have never done so. Also inspect all of your throttle linkage/ throttle body and clean it out if needed.
I will be referring to my TSRM. Hopefully it will tell me what tool I all need for the Job. Thank you.

Replace CPS o-ring and consider replacing the PCV and vent hoses. Also inspect the throttle-body to crossover pipe rubber coupling if running the stock intake piping.
Is replacing the O-Ring Strait forward, as in I do not have to re-position the CPS again while getting at it? I plan on also getting a new cps cover and gasket if I am going to do the O-ring. Thank you.

I'd check coolant bypass hose #6 that's behind the CPS. It's 16283 in this diagram. It's a total pain if it lets go.
Nice. I will look it over. Am I just looking to see if it is intact and tight, with some life left in the rubber? I appreciate the nod here.

Electrical grounds tend to go out. one near the back of the block on the left IIRC. I also run an extra ground to the coils with a quick connector to allow easy removal of the coils. I also do a fresh ground for the igniter on a turbo as that is a known problem issue.
As for grounds just make sure they are clean and secure correct? What gauge of wire do you like when running that new replacement ground? I appreciate your time, thank you.