Steven89's Build Thread *no 56k!*

steven89

Authorized Seller
gtsfirefighter said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I don't like blacked out wheels. You're car was so nice too. sighs ;)

If the car was black it would look good. IMO.
:D It should look pretty good when im done. Im considering painting trim to match and definitely lowering it.

steven89

Authorized Seller
steven89 said:
:D It should look pretty good when im done. Im considering painting trim to match and definitely lowering it.
Hahah, GTS.. youve gotta admit though, they look better than sawblades and oem 5 spokes. :naughty:

steven89

Authorized Seller

Being installed this weekend. :)

ACT ts2-hdg6 should support 522 lbs of tq :D

Thanks Auto Express!! :D

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor
do yourself a favor and buy a tranny jack from harbour freight and get the car up high enouhg on jackstand to drop it under the car...

it's UBER easy, too me two days but I had nasty muscle cramps from an injury at work, so it would only take a day to really do it...

steven89

Authorized Seller
hah, clutch not in. Tranny out, found more stuff that needs fixing before I put it back together hah.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Authorized Seller
Subscribed :) So will we be seeing 2 more 3E5 Mkiiis at the next Hill Country Cruise (yours and mine)??

steven89

Authorized Seller
dok33 said:
Subscribed :) So will we be seeing 2 more 3E5 Mkiiis at the next Hill Country Cruise (yours and mine)??
Oh yes... You've already met me though I think. :p I was the kid that was with my friend, in his 5th gen prelude. I didnt go to the most recent one.. but I went to the one before that. :D

Should be more updates soon :p If anything.. atleast some pics hah

steven89

Authorized Seller
steven89 said:
Pics to come after dinner at grandparents house :D
hah, sorry for being a day late :p

TEH KARNAGE!

PHC Valeo clutch? WTF is that??
Keep in mind, I have receipts of a ACT clutch in this car. So much for that thought. hah Oh well, it'll have an ACTUAL ACT clutch in it

One majorly f*cked clutch and flywheel. Awesome.. :D

Last edited:

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
steven89 said:

Nice! Mine are due to come in tommorow. Cant wait to see your HID's installed. Let me know when you want to wash the Supra.

steven89

Authorized Seller
Think im going stock flywheel for now. Just because I cant use the lightened aftermarket ones with the 1jz for when I decide to do that swap hah. Now im really just buying parts that are 1jz compatible. :evil2:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Authorized Seller
Contributor
make sure and get it resurfaced.......although with those cracks i would suggest replacing it. Used ones are easy to find in good shape.

steven89

Authorized Seller
Oh im definately resurfacing it [if I even use that one]. A friend of mine has one I can get from him. So im good :)

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
Update for Steven

Well after two days (we were working slow) his Supra finally has a new look.
After my assistance (didnt really do anything but provide donuts and my shop manual haha)

When I arrived just getting off work. Came to check out his 4x4 Supra.

Front Before

Rear Before

The goods plus his Konis sitting in the back of his Garage

Couple more picture

Bad picture but getting started

Success

Steven reading my Pre89 Shop Manual

After the battle Steven struggled to get the jack out from under the car

Front After

Rear After

Finished Product

After seeing this im def. going to be getting RS*R or H&R springs soon.

thechori

supra-deprived
Authorized Seller
love the front's stance but the back looks too high for my taste. aren't those adjustable though?

Supra28

Supramanian
Authorized Seller
Just read all 12 pages of this thread hahaha, the car looks sweeeet, especially with the stance and the rims. Make sure to post pics when it settles (the ride height). Are you really considering a 1J swap? If you do, I don't think I'll view this thread too often/again. :sarcasm:

steven89

Authorized Seller
Just read all 12 pages of this thread hahaha, the car looks sweeeet, especially with the stance and the rims. Make sure to post pics when it settles (the ride height). Are you really considering a 1J swap? If you do, I don't think I'll view this thread too often/again. :sarcasm:
Cool! Nice to see some interest in this thread. =p

Yeah, im loving the stance. Curious to see what its like when it settles as well. :biglaugh:

The 1jz...eh, really depends on what happens. All depends on when my 7m blows . Basically comes down to if I have the money to do the swap when it happens. Or I may just rebuild my 7m to stock specs with MHG and shimmed oil pump.

We'll see.

More updates coming soon. =p

steven89

Authorized Seller
After all this time.. Car finally moves under its own power. =p Now to just get some of the minor kinks out before TX 2k8!