sourcing parts please help

Warvayne

im looking for a (SSv4) made by (latent solutions) and have found tons of evidence that it has been made but i cant find anywhere to order it from does anyone else know. I have almost 10k invested in this car and this is the last piece to my puzzle. IM WILLING TO PAY 3 TIMES ITS ORIGINAL PRICE JUST under a 1000.00 dollars for this computer module

Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Supra Stick?
Very old tech.

There are much better and newer products that will control the automatic transmission.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Supra Stick?
Very old tech.

There are much better and newer products that will control the automatic transmission.
Aren't all the options available (both past and present) for manually controlling an old auto still extremely limited by the basic function of said trans? I have driven plenty of "tiptronic" style auto's and they've all been absolutely awful. Am I just missing something here or is this nothing more than a novelty?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Yes, the A340e is a very simple trans.
Does not need many advanced functions / control to make it operate.

I think its good to have an aftermarket controller on an Auto though.
Lets the user program in the duty cycle for engagement, line pressure, shift ramp speed, TCC lockup characteristics, RPM / Speed / Throttle shifting characteristics ect....
You can program in the exact type of shifting behavior that suits you.
If its set up correctly its not just novelty IMO.

Tiptronic transmissions from the OE's are IMO terribly controlled, as you have mentioned.
Very laggy and slow to respond, though they have purposely programmed them that way from the factory.
The higher end vehicles though typically have them tuned to shift very sharply and quickly, but for everything else its usually garbage.

There are piles of aftermarket programmable transmission controllers on the market these days.
PCS is one company. TCM2000

You can even go super basic and inexpensive, build a DIY one from an Arduino.
There are a bunch of these that have been done, and the programming code is out there even.