Socal Roll Call with Pics!

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Whats up guys! Chris from San Diego, we have a San Diego Supras Facebook page if anyone in the area wants to join up. I have a Single Turbo 1J with AEM V2 that needs a retune so I'll be hitting up FSR some time soon. Once I get done with the forever project (Polishing my intake manifold) than I can get it back on the street... Which is still going to suck because I have to break in my freshly rebuilt and upgrade R154 and clutch.

I don't have a build page on here but I have one on Supraforums so feel free to take a look:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1090609-Me-love-you-long-time-build

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Finally finished polishing my intake manifold after 2.5 months (I've been doing some other work so it just sat there for a while). Now I'm working on installing the manifold.... Oh Joy.

BigKO

Authorized Seller
Very Clean Ken! Are those the Arizona Performance BBK? Any specs on wheels + tires? I'm hoping to one day purchase the BBK as well.

KenHenderson

Authorized Seller
Very Clean Ken! Are those the Arizona Performance BBK? Any specs on wheels + tires? I'm hoping to one day purchase the BBK as well.
BIGKO,

Yes, I have the AZ Performance BBK (6-piston Aero caliper/14.25-inch rotor; 4-piston FLSI caliper/12.88 inch rotor). Wheels are 18 x 8.5 +38, front, and 18 x 9.5 +38, rear, 5Zigens. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 245/40/18s, front, and 285/35/18s, rear.

Ken.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
BIGKO,

Yes, I have the AZ Performance BBK (6-piston Aero caliper/14.25-inch rotor; 4-piston FLSI caliper/12.88 inch rotor). Wheels are 18 x 8.5 +38, front, and 18 x 9.5 +38, rear, 5Zigens. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 245/40/18s, front, and 285/35/18s, rear.

Ken.
Glad to see you active in the forum, Ken! Your car looks fantastic!

KenHenderson

Authorized Seller
Glad to see you active in the forum, Ken! Your car looks fantastic!
Thanks, Rodel. That is, indeed, quite the compliment coming from Mr. MKIII himself. Since you bumped this thread, I am going to assume you have something special in store for us, as you always do :).

Damn that looks good Ken. I've always liked that front lip.
Thanks, my friend. Gonna try to get some new wheels after I finish up my home improvement project but, other than that, she's all done. I've been in "get in and drive" mode for some time and I expect that to continue.

For those using my wheel size and offsets for BBK calculations, be aware of the issue I encountered with the taper on the front wheels. You can read all about it here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/th...time!-Finally-found-a-mkiii-meet-crimson-tide. If the wheels you have, or are considering, do not taper inward, and you are intent on installing the Wilwood Aero 6 front caliper, you should not have any issues with the 18 x 8.5 +38 wheel. That said, this is something that should be checked and double checked before you take the plunge.

Ken.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Thanks, Rodel. That is, indeed, quite the compliment coming from Mr. MKIII himself. Since you bumped this thread, I am going to assume you have something special in store for us, as you always do :).

Ken.
You're welcome, Ken.

"Mr. MK3" I like that. =). I just wanna keep SoCal Supras alive.

Stay tuned for some goodness!

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
So I haven't posted on here in a bit... Currently in progress with doing a 1.5J swap.... I spun a bearing and smacked a spark plug. Got a hold of a 2005 IS300 block with a fantastic crank and a set of USDM set of GTE rods and pistons. More photos of the build coming up soon on my build page.