Shout-out to Randy at BIC.

MoparMarq

Authorized Seller
Talk about "mission creep". It started as a simple bushing replacement. But since the rear subframe was out anyway, might as well get the reinforcement kit for it, even though it wasn't cracked and my power level is stock. Ordered the kit from Randy and it was here within two weeks. Faster than I needed it, but I appreciate the speedy service just the same. Found a local guy to weld in the parts for me, as I have no skill or tools for that. Thank you Randy! Rear subframe after reinforce 2.JPG

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Talk about "mission creep". It started as a simple bushing replacement. But since the rear subframe was out anyway, might as well get the reinforcement kit for it, even though it wasn't cracked and my power level is stock. Ordered the kit from Randy and it was here within two weeks. Faster than I needed it, but I appreciate the speedy service just the same. Found a local guy to weld in the parts for me, as I have no skill or tools for that. Thank you Randy! View attachment 84950
That's a pretty sight! Easy to appreciate how hard it was to get there. Keep up with the process and get pictures. Most of us will never see this for real. Following.

Last edited:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Oh wow he is still making these reinforcement kits?
Nice.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I didn't realize he was still selling parts, that's great.

I have a set of his targa bars from years ago, I don't think a chassis brace is going to help much.

Reactions: BigKO

MoparMarq

Authorized Seller
It was US$110.00, shipped to Vancouver, WA. Paypal. I can't remember if I emailed him from his website BICPERFORMANCE.COM or pm'd him here.

MoparMarq

Authorized Seller
Others here can speak to it with more experience than I. No problem for my car. But if your power level is substantially higher than stock, your differential LSD is upgraded to tighter than stock, and/or your neck of the woods is road-saltier (and therefore more rust causing), it could be a problem.