Sheedy Built Supra

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Re: 7mgte Hx52 Build

Might as well go for rods although I have yet to see a factory rod let go. Just the bolts

Raggan

Authorized Seller

Relocated my oil thermostat and filter block. Now it's not all in the engine bay

Also scored a set of je pistons.. Maybe it's time for rods too while I'm at it!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
a set of eagle esps from drift motion is pretty decent upgrade.

Last edited:

Janch

Authorized Seller

Its also moving weight to reduce when going aftermarket internal engine parts like that. plus what price is that to pay on the background of all the things you've done to your supra :D

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Change in plans for the build. Going to run a stock internal rebuild again and downsize turbos.

Settling for a conservative 450whp with a borg Warner s300sx-e either the 60mm or 62mm turbo.

I just want a reliable setup that I can drive anywhere to a meet that I want to. Not push it too hard and make it last.

Pistons will be up for sale when I receive them and the hx52 is posted up on ebay if anyone is interested

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191994236631

Picked up an alternator drop down bracket and Aem tru time cam gears. Even in red which will match perfectly!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

purchased a borg warner S362SX-E with a .83 t4 Divided housing today.
had to pick it up while they were on sale!

for anyone interested in the SX-E lineup, they are on sale at THMotosports for under 600$

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

What are you going to set your ring end gap to? How much boost/power are you expecting to run out of this turbo?
Id have to do some research and see what I need to run. To be honest I'm not sure, whatever the tsrm says

I'd be happy sitting around 450- 475 and whatever boost gets me there. Going to guess high teens low 20lbs

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller

I would contact a couple performance oriented machine shops and run that info by them and see what they recommend. You might want to run a little bigger gap than tsrm specs because you're going to be running a nearly twice the size turbo, three times the boost, and two and a half times the wheel horsepower as stock. I wouldn't know what size gap to run either, and I'll be in your position soon. Let us know what you come up with.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Haven't checked on the ring gap but will do that soon. Build might be out off for a while longer, I'll be moving into my first rental in the next week with my Girlfriend.

Until I get everything moved over, it'll be put on the back burner.

Heres some more pictures though!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller

Wow, is that the S362SX-E. That looks good. 61.44mm inducer is a good match for the 7m. Who spec'd out that turbo for you?

Last edited:

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Thanks man, after a lot of research i figured itd be a great match.
I did order the 62/68 model but I received the 64.5/73.

I have friend who can machine the exhaust housing I got to accept the bigger wheel to make it fit. This turbo should spool slightly later than my hx35 and sooner than the hx52. Might be a perfect setup for me.

Or I could send it back, possibly miss out on the discount, and find out it's out of stock anyway. Took awhile to get this turbo in the mail, I might just machine the housing

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Took the compressor housing off today and is in fact a s362 with the 73mm turbine wheel.

If I machine the exhaust housing to fit, this will decrease the a/r slightly right?

Either way, I think I'll stick with this one

4" v band flange fit nicely to the existing flange

black89t

boost'en down 101
Authorized Seller

personally i would send it back. that huge exhaust wheel is going make it laggier for sure. the 68mm wheel is already big for the 62mm compressor wheel so it won't choked up as easy as say a pt6262. but the 73mm wheel pretty sure come on the s366 which is totally over kill for that turbo.

this is what i have my eye for when i decide to replace my s363 or if it ever takes shit which will prolly never happen lol. i can literally leave my exhaust housing on unbolt the center section a slap this on. it only flows 5lbs/min more than my current turbo so not sure its worth doing unless i need to. but if i was in the market for a turbo this is what id get. should spool very close to the s362 and s363 but make a little more hp.

paired with the divided .83 housing it would be awesome for best spool and 700+whp.

http://dieselautopower.com/borg-warner-s364-5-sx-e-series-64-5-68-turbo-13009097008/

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

I finally got a return label from thmotosports, took awhile but I got it.

Should have the other turbo by end of next week if all for well. After some research like you were saying, that 73mm turbine wheel is going to be too big for me.

Pistons, rods, oil pump and az Performance crossover tube at installed. Took the oil pan and cleaned out all the bearing shavings and threw a few coats of gloss black and clear coat. Will also be replacing all the oil pan hardware with stainless bolts

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Just about wrapped up. Few little things need to be done like some new hardware and wiring harness mounts. Shouldn't be long before its back in the car!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Ran the engine harness under the intake manifold this time for a cleaner look. Most everything hooked up, still waiting on injector grommets from driftmotion

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Thanks guys!

Valve covers were dropped off to get recoated with a different color. Pics to come, hopefully it looks ok with everything

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

After what seems like forever waiting.... s362 with the smaller turbine wheel.

Started making the drain line and feed. I'll have to extend the feed line a bit since this turbo sits higher up

Other than that, looks great!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Looking good Scot, looking forward to what this thing puts down.
Thanks
It sure has come a long way since day one. After the engine is in I'm going to focus on asthetics and save up to get the paint in prime condition.

I drive through Spokane from time to time, we ought to get together sometime whenever I do and go for a cruise. Not a lot of supra owners here in tri cities... Well 2 the I know of, rarely driven on the streets

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Definitely, really hoping to get mine on the road this spring. Now that we are settled in the new house I should have ally have some time for it. If not I can chase you in the evo....

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Got a surprise visit from my buddy last night and he brought along my new oil feed line! Woo

Little prep work today getting the engine bay ready.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I like pictures more than reading anyhow!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Got it all moved into my garage, now to put some hours into getting it running!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Put the old fender on until my oem one is finished being painted. I also put my air filter, and Radiator brackets back on..new intake to filter will be made soon

drogon

Authorized Seller

Is that a 2j dizzy or something custom? What kind of efans are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller

Is that a 2j dizzy or something custom? What kind of efans are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a 2jzge distributor with a blank off plate just used for the trigger wheel. The fans are off a ford contour, they move some air!

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Your trigger wheel sparks questions everytime you post a pic :)

Engine sounds good, jealous of your progress

black89t

boost'en down 101
Authorized Seller

looking good!!! i think you're going to love that turbo!

is there a reason you aren't running the cps? i'm considering going to an ecu master emu but still not positive since my setup seems to be working so well. id like a higher rev limit, no maf housing as a restriction on the intake, and the more precise control of the tune would be nice. getting it tuned is another hurtle i'm not sure i want to deal with. also the driveability is something the stock ecu does really well. how was your experience to the switch?