Ryan's 92 build thread aka NashMan

suprafanatic

Authorized Seller
i wonder how that tape would hold up under boost :p ... If you ran the Ic pipe straight down from the turbo, kinda like stock location, the bay would look much nicer IMO. But either way still looks good :)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
well i am still not sure of what i am going to do with my ic pipes

but i have pretty much finshed my batteri relocation the alt breaker is installed starter d block and front mian d block

ps never wip your buddie with 0 guage power wire it will leav a mark lol

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
well i got some stuff done here is th4e low down what i have done

turbo is welded and clear's the frame rail and the shock tower wiht plenty of room to get cupler on it, still have to relo my power streeing junk but that another day's job

i changed my pcv as well i was going to dump it in my waste gate but i pretty sure i going to plumb it back into my exhuast plsu it lok alot cleaner this way as well

all so made a modfid a -10 1/2 inc ntp fitting to incress the draw the turbo will give

all so used a 88 tps for my ebay thottle body the 89 plus just did not fit well for me all post more pic's of that later when i do my cold side of my ic piping

well tell me what you think i getign excited cause i may drive this car soon

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Authorized Seller
Looking pretty good Ryan! First time I've seen your thread here. You might want to think about a cold air intake from under the headlight. I built my own, using an Apex'i filter. Ask IJ, on his car he logged a massive drop in intake temps from this mod! Maybe he can chime in with the exact number.

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
you picked an idea right out of my head

i plan to do some sort of cold air/sheilding not full blown cold air but close eghough will i get around to doing it but not sure i really wana drive my car heheh i pretty sure you know how that feels

i whould be nice if he chimed in them and gave nice a report

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Looking good Ryan! Engine bay is a lot cleaner with the turbo outlet facing down. You just have to relocate the PS stuff to get it to work right like that?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
yae pretty much i don't know when i will start that but still doing stuff that makes my car closer

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
well i got the last of my cuplers today for my ic piping woot woot

but the wroest thing has happend to me again getting freaking chest pains again so i can move around fast or such (pulsiyes is gay)

i half to live off pain killer to takes down the infumation

yae me

Muzy

Authorized Seller
Work is looking good nash, probly copy some of you stuff if thats ok. Hope your health is ok. Chest pain = no good. Sound like you have dealt with this before tho. Keep swinging them wrenches dude. :icon_bigg muzy

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
i don't mind at all dude

Work is looking good nash, probly copy some of you stuff if thats ok. Hope your health is ok. Chest pain = no good. Sound like you have dealt with this before tho. Keep swinging them wrenches dude. :icon_bigg muzy

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
well my pain are slighty going away i got some stuff done

i must say cutting a 4 1/2 inc hole in you car is not fun but eh pipe has to go some ware

the pipe was some what fun to make and took some time to make fit since i was useing a 3.5 inc charge pipe if the head light was not there is be alot easyer but remmber it has to close and there's dick for room

oh yae i did it in one pipe as well that trick to gettign it out though heeheh

but it all fit and is short as possible now for the other side witch shoudl be alot easyer

now for littel clean up on the weldes and to clean my work space caus ei starting to forget were i put thing's

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
you read my mind i got drag tube i gonna use when that time comes around but the cleance for the pipe is pretty close like if i was to add in sliced rubber house it compalety cover the pipe but i think getting the pipe out whould not work thus why i got big drag tube and make my cleancers a bit bigger

think i am just going to shoe glue it on
shit works awsome and use it for my work shoes all the time

and my car lol they ahve a automive vertion to but it black same shit thou

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_Goo

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I just used a sheet of 3mm thick reinforced rubber then sharpened a left over piece of IC pipe to use as a punch (I sharpened the outer edge so it cuts the hole undersize)

This makes it a tight fit on the pipe, I used some Nutserts and panel washers to bolt it down to the Rad support :)

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
nash,what do you plan on using for a throttle cable?i have the same tb on my mani,but haven't crossed that bridge yet.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
85 toyota truck 22r it's plenty long egough and bolts in like stock you will have to ream out the hole in the linkage a tad but no biggy and fit's well

ian i whould bolt it down but i have no reinfoced rubber only a tube linner and there flopping aka alot of bolts

i don't know of any place mabye plastic and paints i chould try calling them befor i do the hole shoe goo thing but i have doughts

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
thanks nash.i've read the mkIV guy's talking about a landcruiser cable too,but try and find one of those in the boneyard.i ended up cutting a cable down to work for a 1jz swap,wish i had another one of those long bastard's kicking around.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have a guy that builds custom cables in his backyard about 10 minutes away so it wasn't a problem but now I'm DBW it's a non issue ;)

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
hey ian,you drill your tb for the power steering vacume source?i was tapping my intake for it and was thinking about the other line.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
wtf are you talking about vac sorce for power streeing

there is a vavle on the power streeing it more of vac blip rpm to help you move the wheel at stand still

most of the time the vavle don't work any way

i whould not worrie about it ir more of a confort sissy thing

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
well called around and umm no rubber for me suck being on iland oh well

and i am so not useing mud flap lol

look like i will pass on this for now plus it no that big consern to me since ti pretty cold here and mabye 2 dasy of the year it goes to 30

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
i wounder when drive by laser wil come out

one of these day there will be wireless car gm has all ready tried this as well btu to many littel bug's

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
You could do it with existing technology but it would be expensive and need a LOT of shielding for interference.

Eventually Sat Nav will be hooked into DBW so you're forced to obey speed limits they've been trialling a system here :(

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
i really don't under stand why poeple like drive by wire i find it ummm crapp respones is like crap i find it to be down grade

when i drive teh peter built there so much of lag on the gas it screws with my mind

my bmw is not bad but still hate the lag

SWD Fredester 3

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hey Ryan, see you're looking for a piece of rubber. I have a sheet it's about 1/4" to 3/8" thick. It's actually a rubber bed liner from one of my trucks. If you need a piece of the sheet let me know and I'll send it out. I think it would work for what you are talking about. Let me know what size you might need.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
oh really can you make the car speak and say turbo boost engaged Ian at 90 to 100 pecent thottle that be so rad

i thinki bean watched to much night rider as a kid

but really think you chould do that

SWD thank's for the offer dude but i think the rubber may be to thick for my use

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well yes if you wanted a gay car to talk at you it would be easy enough to set up.....

I mean more if say you want 10% pedal to equal 10% TB and 15% pedal to equal 30% TB it's simple to do.

OEM DBW is torque mapped so if you nail it and the motor isn't revving hard enough to use 100% TB it won't open that far so you see/feel this as lag.

Mine is set up so 0>50% Pedal is half at the TB then 50>100% is linear, I find this makes the car so much more drivable around town then setting it up 1:1.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
i see so no love for kit car thou eh

but the peter built dump truck is like 1 secound delay it fucken gross

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
Nope DBW handles it so I didn't hook the valve up at all.
my ecu is still in the stone age,no dbw or any fancy bell's and wistle's for me.should nash and i tap the tb,if were using the valve?it's easy enough,allready tapped a good 7 hole's in the mani as it is.

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
i see so no love for kit car thou eh

but the peter built dump truck is like 1 secound delay it fucken gross
i watch the new knight rider once and awhile.kinda stupid and bad acting,but i just love car stuff.i'll probably go see the new f&f in the theater's too.39 year old with gray hair surrounded by teanager's,oh no's.:)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
my ecu is still in the stone age,no dbw or any fancy bell's and wistle's for me.should nash and i tap the tb,if were using the valve?it's easy enough,allready tapped a good 7 hole's in the mani as it is.
You could pretty well pick up Vacuum anywhere after the TB as it's just a dumb bleed.

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
You could pretty well pick up Vacuum anywhere after the TB as it's just a dumb bleed.
i never really thought about how it work's.it had two vacume source's from the factory,one before the plate and one after.i should be able to just cap off one of the nipple's then,right?
sorry for all the dumb ?'s in nash's thread.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Nope it has one vacuum source on the tree under the intake and one breather on the accordian hose ;)

You turn full lock the pwr steer pressure goes up which opens the bleed on the valve allowing the engine to suck more air and this raises the idle speed so it doesn't dip from the steering load.

tsuper92

supra addict
Authorized Seller
Nope it has one vacuum source on the tree under the intake and one breather on the accordian hose ;)

You turn full lock the pwr steer pressure goes up which opens the bleed on the valve allowing the engine to suck more air and this raises the idle speed so it doesn't dip from the steering load.
thanks for the lesson of the day.i understand how it work's now.my car has a 2j,so it just hook's up to the tb instead of the intake pipe.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The other side of the valve on the Pwr Steer pump has to go to a filtered source or you'll be sucking crap into the engine whenever it's active.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
all it does is suck in air to incress a thottle blip for when you are in parking lot

all so one of the vac lines goes to popet vavle as well