Ryan's 92 build thread aka NashMan

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Yes please share your build. Try Imgur as they work great for me as PhotoBucket is dead to me now.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller

feel free to ask any questions and i will update this if intrest is ketp i plan to have it running for the supra meet this summer

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
all try to grab pics of my reinforced sub frame and new rear end setup

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
They're from the earlier 04-07 CTS-V. They upgraded them to 6 piston in 08

The calipers were fairly cheap, but prices have gone up lately since there's a company selling brackets to put them on 240SXs and Subarus.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
what is the clearance from the hub face to the front of the caliper? I have a set of wheels that clear the wheel's barrel but the spokes hit the front of the caliper unless a fairly large spacer is used.

That is with the Mercedes brake kit, wonder if these are better.

Also what is the rotor diameter and thickness Ryan?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
ooo questions lucky for you I have my pj's on and a tape measure.....brb 8 inch center to outer caliper so 16 inch and rotor is 1 1/4 thick and 14 inch tall

jesse_rc1991

Authorized Seller
ooo questions lucky for you I have my pj's on and a tape measure.....brb 8 inch center to outer caliper so 16 inch and rotor is 1 1/4 thick and 14 inch tall
What is needed for this set up? Are the caliper brackets custom made?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
yes i made the kit it's not fully bolt on some stuff needs to be tweeked and i have yet to test it out

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
Well I got my motor back and now just waiting on a powder coat order to come in. And now just trying to figure out how to make this group A oil pan to fit. Does any one have pics of Ian's one he had a long time ago aka IJ

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Ryan I would be interested to know the distance the caliper sticks out from the hub or rotor surface. My wheels are fine diameter wise but hit the front of the mercedes calipers on the spokes without a spacer. looking for a setup that has less caliper offset.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Fun fact: there is more than 1 casting for the Group A oilpan. We were looking up other peoples installs and found a guy on Facebook that had posted pictures, and it is definitely 2 different castings. There is a slight difference in shape of the lower pan (Nashmans is boxier) and the oil return from the oil cooler is different.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
Ryan I would be interested to know the distance the caliper sticks out from the hub or rotor surface. My wheels are fine diameter wise but hit the front of the mercedes calipers on the spokes without a spacer. looking for a setup that has less caliper offset.
Hmm all check tonight but i had to swap wheels because my other wheels hit. what wheels do you have, that why i can tell ya even if the off set is even close

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
Fun fact: there is more than 1 casting for the Group A oilpan. We were looking up other peoples installs and found a guy on Facebook that had posted pictures, and it is definitely 2 different castings. There is a slight difference in shape of the lower pan (Nashmans is boxier) and the oil return from the oil cooler is different.
in deed now i just have to mad science a new feed and oil pick or sell the oil pan and make a custom one up to bad I sold my other custom pan

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hmm all check tonight but i had to swap wheels because my other wheels hit. what wheels do you have, that why i can tell ya even if the off set is even close
They are a set of super vintage american racing wheels, they are 17's but I don't know the offset. They fit most brakes I have tried including the brembo 350mm setup under the barrel but I keep running into issues with the spokes hitting the caliper front without running a fat spacer. so now I always try to get the distance from the hub to the caliper face when I hear about a new kit

in deed now i just have to mad science a new feed and oil pick or sell the oil pan and make a custom one up to bad I sold my other custom pan
If you ever do sell that pan, please put me at the top of your list to check with for a buyer ;) When I saw you picked it up off IJ I was kicking myself!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
They are a set of super vintage american racing wheels, they are 17's but I don't know the offset. They fit most brakes I have tried including the brembo 350mm setup under the barrel but I keep running into issues with the spokes hitting the caliper front without running a fat spacer. so now I always try to get the distance from the hub to the caliper face when I hear about a new kit

If you ever do sell that pan, please put me at the top of your list to check with for a buyer ;) When I saw you picked it up off IJ I was kicking myself!
never got it off him got it from some one els

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Oh I thought you had his, well you know who to ask if you are ever looking for a buyer!