Ridiculous 1000HP 7M Street MK3 Build

need new tires

rubber slinger
Authorized Seller
Clutch looks familiar..
I am looking forward to seeing how this performes, only thing I would suggest is an additional oil drain in the head but that is only if it is going to live at the higher rpms.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Authorized Seller
He probably got his before last June? Or at least put the order in before they stopped doing them.
Beautiful engine, btw!
There's a 1j in my bay but I love seeing mean 7Ms.

Grandavi

Authorized Seller
Yeah, I think he sent his in before mine. Ours were probably the last Jack will be doing, although Jack has my old one, so he may have a built one for sale. (Once he rebuilds the one I swapped)

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
Took 8 months for them to get to mine. They still build r154s if youre patient and can wait for parts etc. People kept complaining how it took forever so they took it off their site.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Authorized Seller
but if you search you can still find the stage 3 kit and i'm sure if you call on a good day you'll get help.
My motor's finished so now i get to sink 3-4k into a twin disk and a rebuild myself (third is not the easiest gear to slip into and down shifting into first whines)
oh and then there's a diff that needs rebuilding......

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
So the plan is to fire this thing up in about a month. I think it's a reasonable goal. I have all the parts. Alot of powder coating, wiring and welding is still needed but it's gonna be doable.

mounted my racepak dash. still have to create a somewhat reasonable harness for it. I plan to use the old clock buttons to navigate through the racepak dash screens.

I also got my lazy ass up and did some crap I've been putting off. I really needed to check clearances for the oil pan. It looks like I won't need to cut anything so Im really happy.

I ordered another $2500 worth of parts. These are the last parts I need to order to get this thing running. This includes an ETS 5" intercooler, Tial 50mm BOV, pipe bends, magnafuel fuel pump, regulator and misc lines/fittings.

Stuff thats still left...

1. Send subframe, control arms and misc for powder coating
  2. Press in new nylon bushings into control arms
  3. Finish trimming crank scraper
  4. Install driftmotion upgraded oil pump and arizona hard line upgrade
  5. Final install of oil pan
  6. Button up engine accessories
  7. Remove W58, driveshaft, old intercooler, clean engine bay
  8. Mockup 5" ETS intercooler
  9. Swap 87 subframe with new 89+ powdercoated subframe
  10. Drop motor in
  11. Complete engine/body harness wiring
  12. Install new brake master cylinder, brake master upgrade
  13. Install sumped gas tank
  14. Mount Magnafuel pump, regulator, filters and lines
  15. Fabricate 3.5" exhaust
  16. Fabricate intercooler pipes 3" turbo -> ic -> 3.5" to throttle body
  17. Run all the vacuum lines
  18. Install koyo radiator and wire flex-a-lite fans
  19. Cross my fingers and turn the key

YotaCrawler

Authorized Seller
When you say nylon bushings, why did you decide to use that material? I can't imagine it'll hold up to lateral shocks like poly would, unless it's a pure track car

gsxr141

Authorized Seller
very nice build. i'm looking for 1000hp myself here shortly. hopefully mine will be up and running in a few weeks. :)

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
Got the pan done. Heat dispersant ceramic exterior and oil shedding coating on the interior. Just need to swap the subframe then I can throw the motor in finally. Soo close but so far.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
The pan is Dooley Enterprises.

Not much for an update. Been distracted again with life. Got the intercooler and I tasked out all remaining work to get this pile of crap running. About 110 hrs of work remaining o_O.

Also made a new trigger wheel design. I think I'm going to try this one instead of the 36 tooth. I made 6 of them if anyone wants one. Installed pics will come soon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
I'm wondering on yours, if you notice, did they silicone the bolts on the front plate? Mine were, had it redone properly at my shop and made sure it didn't leak prior to installation. Ran three tanks through the car (not quite) and changed the fluid. Was black with a lot of shiny specks. Cars parked with fresh trans lube in it. Planning on one more fluid change after 3000-5000 km. my second gear is fairly stiff. (Stage 3 build)
Can you point me to some more info on this, which bolts are you referring to and where does the silicon need to be applied

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
jurp: subframe bushings are from ronniek on these forums. Thread is here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?156551-poly-subframe-bushings-kit

not sure about the silicone on the front plate of the trans. I'm assuming they sealed the trans properly, lol. I've never opened up an R154 nor do I ever care to. I've got enough crap to work on as it is.

HKS_TRD: I'm thinking I might just machine a tapered plug or tap a thread in for a threaded plug.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
Finally spent some time this weekend on engine.

Had to port the manifold and turbo exaust housing to clear the valve.

Plugged up a few additional water housing holes I won't be using.

Tapped a 1" npt thread in the cps hole for a cap.

Alot of little things are adding up to alot of time.

emericaskater285

Badass
Authorized Seller
Been trying to think of what I want to plug that hole with. was thinking a block off like the 2j's have, but I think ill go that route. Only issue is I have to do it to multiple heads. Rather not destroy a head that I will probably reuse on a car that won't have crank/cam pickups.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
A block off is ideal but more $$ and time which I don't care to use more of at this point. An npt plug looks clean and its cheap but pretty much ruined any chance of selling the head if I ever came to that point.

This build is pretty much at a stage of zero f's given. I wasted enough time pondering about the best approach for everything. Need to just put this thing together and get it running.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
Speaking of getting this running...I made a reasonable goal of getting this thing running within 60 days. In order to keep myself honest...I've made a little excel sheet to keep track of everything.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
I do web application development for the most part. I use project management software so I figured id try some of that on this project (simplified version of course)

MkIII FTW

Authorized Seller
I was gonna ask if you were an engineer by trade because I am and this seems exactly like something I'd do. Living life one spreedsheet at a time haha.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Nice, dev or sdet was my next guess.

Applications Developer here as well, although I mostly work on Oracle lately.

Last edited:

Janch

Authorized Seller
Hey just went through all the thread.... awesome work and engine looks beautifull. What you're doing is something i would love to do but could never afford so im just wishing you all the success when you will finish the project and doing some dyno runs to achieve your goal. And the fact that you're keeping 7M alive is even greater. :)