but if you search you can still find the stage 3 kit and i'm sure if you call on a good day you'll get help.
My motor's finished so now i get to sink 3-4k into a twin disk and a rebuild myself (third is not the easiest gear to slip into and down shifting into first whines)
oh and then there's a diff that needs rebuilding......
So the plan is to fire this thing up in about a month. I think it's a reasonable goal. I have all the parts. Alot of powder coating, wiring and welding is still needed but it's gonna be doable.
mounted my racepak dash. still have to create a somewhat reasonable harness for it. I plan to use the old clock buttons to navigate through the racepak dash screens.
I also got my lazy ass up and did some crap I've been putting off. I really needed to check clearances for the oil pan. It looks like I won't need to cut anything so Im really happy.
I ordered another $2500 worth of parts. These are the last parts I need to order to get this thing running. This includes an ETS 5" intercooler, Tial 50mm BOV, pipe bends, magnafuel fuel pump, regulator and misc lines/fittings.
Stuff thats still left...
Send subframe, control arms and misc for powder coating
Press in new nylon bushings into control arms
Finish trimming crank scraper
Install driftmotion upgraded oil pump and arizona hard line upgrade
Final install of oil pan
Button up engine accessories
Remove W58, driveshaft, old intercooler, clean engine bay
Mockup 5" ETS intercooler
Swap 87 subframe with new 89+ powdercoated subframe
Drop motor in
Complete engine/body harness wiring
Install new brake master cylinder, brake master upgrade
Install sumped gas tank
Mount Magnafuel pump, regulator, filters and lines
Fabricate 3.5" exhaust
Fabricate intercooler pipes 3" turbo -> ic -> 3.5" to throttle body
I'm wondering on yours, if you notice, did they silicone the bolts on the front plate? Mine were, had it redone properly at my shop and made sure it didn't leak prior to installation. Ran three tanks through the car (not quite) and changed the fluid. Was black with a lot of shiny specks. Cars parked with fresh trans lube in it. Planning on one more fluid change after 3000-5000 km. my second gear is fairly stiff. (Stage 3 build)
not sure about the silicone on the front plate of the trans. I'm assuming they sealed the trans properly, lol. I've never opened up an R154 nor do I ever care to. I've got enough crap to work on as it is.
HKS_TRD: I'm thinking I might just machine a tapered plug or tap a thread in for a threaded plug.
Been trying to think of what I want to plug that hole with. was thinking a block off like the 2j's have, but I think ill go that route. Only issue is I have to do it to multiple heads. Rather not destroy a head that I will probably reuse on a car that won't have crank/cam pickups.
A block off is ideal but more $$ and time which I don't care to use more of at this point. An npt plug looks clean and its cheap but pretty much ruined any chance of selling the head if I ever came to that point.
This build is pretty much at a stage of zero f's given. I wasted enough time pondering about the best approach for everything. Need to just put this thing together and get it running.
Hey just went through all the thread.... awesome work and engine looks beautifull. What you're doing is something i would love to do but could never afford so im just wishing you all the success when you will finish the project and doing some dyno runs to achieve your goal. And the fact that you're keeping 7M alive is even greater.