replacing windshield mounting clips

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
Who has replaced the mounting clips for the front windshield without removing the window and if you had to remove the windshield did it break?? If you did then, how was it done besides very carefully and with proper tools?
Thank you!!

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
You should be able to cut out the clips and glue new ones inside. But it will take some patience. Also ceck the TSRM, it gives more detail how the clips are located.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
You should be able to cut out the clips and glue new ones inside. But it will take some patience. Also ceck the TSRM, it gives more detail how the clips are located.
Thank you, I do not have to remove the wind shield? Thanks!

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
Yes correct, the clips are pushed in place when the (PU) glue is soft and after the window is seated in postion.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
How about removing the windshield without breaking it and reusing it to put new clips in? the PU glue, in this case, is old 30 years old as it's an original windscreen on this specific car.

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
If you don't have to remove it, I would leave it in place. I would not take the chance... The clips are only to hold to strips, and in this spot you can put some fresh glue in place. The only reasons to remove is the typical corrosion by replacing the windscreen in a bad way. Or when the windschreen is cracked.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
It's almost impossible to get a windshield out without breaking it. New ones are still easily available, as I just got one.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
I'm not sure, but it has all the right attributes for OEM. As long as it has the tint along the top, right glass color, and paint(?) along the sides to help hide the edges, I'm happy.