Remote tuning options

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
I am having some difficulty getting my Supra up and running on ECUMASTER EMU Classic. Do any of you members do remote tuning? Or can offer feedback on driftmotion’s remote tuning?
i can’t get the basetune to work, I’ve had to change several settings thus far. I’ve sent them my project, graphs, and scope log.
My car has been taking up a bay at my shop for over a week and I really need to get this thing moving, I don’t mind paying!
I don’t want to end up in a situation where I’m wasting a week at a time sending logs back and forth.

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Authorized Seller
Driftmotion has a remote tuner, Ian, that I've used before and is good to work with. If you go to their site, you'll find a line item for remote tuning and the description has contact info to get the ball rolling.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Drove my Supra for the first time today since the rebuild. It was running good enough on the base tune to get to the gas station.

Reactions: debrucer

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Drove my Supra for the first time today since the rebuild. It was running good enough on the base tune to get to the gas station.

Congrats.

Now you can actually log data and tune.

Start with Air Fuel Ratios/Lambda. Once lambda is where it needs to be, move on to ignition timing.

Ideally you want a set of detonation cans OR have the knock sensing working correctly. With either of these, now you can actually tune knock threshold AND timing.

The AFR can be done by one person. The ignition timing requires two.

Reactions: Z06gette

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Authorized Seller
Nice! What are turn around times like or do they do it appointment style using teamviewer?
Sorry @Z06gette ; didn't see your post until now. Ian, who is the remote tuner for driftmotion, typically replies within a day. Last time I engaged him, I wrote him in the afternoon and heard back from him early evening that same day.

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
Ok so I’ve gotten the ball rolling with Ian. He’s been very prompt in responding. I sent him my map so he’s working on the first adjustment. The car does drive pretty good on the base tune
Congrats.

Now you can actually log data and tune.

Start with Air Fuel Ratios/Lambda. Once lambda is where it needs to be, move on to ignition timing.

Ideally you want a set of detonation cans OR have the knock sensing working correctly. With either of these, now you can actually tune knock threshold AND timing.

The AFR can be done by one person. The ignition timing requires two.
i updated to new Bosch knock sensors, I have a Bosch LSU 4.9 gauge in cabin and a Bosch LSU 4.2 through the emu

• Wow
Reactions: figgie and debrucer

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
if that fails I maybe able to help get you running, I'm not a full on tuner by any means for ECUmasters, but I did take the course and did learn quite a bit on it.. It's been a few years though and I still haven't re-installed mine for a while.

I'm actually spending time on a mega squirt right now if anyone in here is a champ on that with tunerstudio please chime in!