Rc 550 injector install HELP!! Rough idle now!

boosted mk3 supra

Authorized Seller
I installed rc 550 injectors and it's misfiring now.
I have a bigger MAF housing and open downpipe, the car ran and idled fine before the injectors. I wired them up how they sit I didn't think orientation of the wires matter. Do I have bad injectors or do I need a fpr or fuel pump also?

Help please!

Justin727

T-virus infected
Authorized Seller
You need a FPR, Fuel pump, wideband, and a piggy back of some sorts. Other than that you're begging to fry your motor.

Reactions: Z06gette

boosted mk3 supra

Authorized Seller
I know those were next, but the lex/550 were just raise the fuel and air by 25% everywhere I've read no one has done any other mods when they do the lex afm and 550 injector.

The injectors ohm put to 2.5 ohms same as stock.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
Take heed to what others have said already, but additionally, are they high or low impedance as was asked?

Jeff

Z06gette

Authorized Seller
and the vf values are??? Did you vaseoline the orings before putting the injector in the head? Ensure no vacuum leaks?

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I believe manual says use KY jelly. Relevant info below:

View attachment 82326
K-Y Jelly is a water-based, water-soluble personal lubricant, most commonly used as a lubricant....

Water-based, not petroleum.

I don’t understand the significance of spelling out the injectors. Seems more of an issue with the seals than the physical injectors.

Please explain.

SupraSpooler

Authorized Seller
K-Y Jelly is a water-based, water-soluble personal lubricant, most commonly used as a lubricant....

Water-based, not petroleum.

I don’t understand the significance of spelling out the injectors. Seems more of an issue with the seals than the physical injectors.

Please explain.
No I was just maiing a funny with the KY, didnt think anybody would take that seriously. The injector picture was something I found so that OP can 100% confirm they are low impedance, or for anyone who stumbles on this thread and finds the info useful.

As far as the OP's problem, I agree with you it could be the seals. Need more info.

Reactions: debrucer