R154 Clutch fork bracket

Reg

Authorized Seller
So I went to my local C&C this morning and on the way home I went to shift and the pedal shot straight to the floor. Roll started it in 2nd and limped it home 35mph all the way. Decided it was either my master or slave that went bad. Master looked fine, checked out the slave since that's much easier to change. Upon further inspection I noticed the slave nipple that presses against the clutch fork had popped off and the fork looked a little crooked. Pulled the slave off and noticed I could simply just rotate and pull the fork out. And low and behold the bell housing bracket simply came out with it. I guess this is what they call a catastrophic failure.
So I presume I am simply SoL and need a new 7mgte to r154 bell housing? Is there any precautions to take in the future to prevent this from happening again? Or is it just one of those things

20190316_135148.jpg 20190316_135142.jpg

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
What spring pressure are you using on the pressure plate?

Reg

Authorized Seller
What spring pressure are you using on the pressure plate?
I threw in an Action Stage 3 clutch, 6 puck. 20k miles later this happened. Didn't really dig the new clutch for casual street use so i might go back to the stock Aisin full faced disk and just upgrade the pressure plate since I gotta drop the trans anyways.