Quick question about c/canister valve BVSV?

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Authorized Seller
The valve on top of thermostat housing that runs to intake and charcoal canister. Is it strictly a one way valve or does it only open at a certain temp? When engine is cold will it or is it supposed to allow and air flow in one direction or the other?
I just want to make sure mine is functioning properly.
I did a search on the fly with my phone but couldn't pin point what I was looking for.

Thanks everyone

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Authorized Seller
So I finally just set the wrenches down and got a good chance. From a previous post it was said it's temperature controlled. I know my CC is not plugged I can pull air through it really easily. The problem is on Decell on a big pull the car just stinks. I don't run a cat but would it really just be that? I know it will reek behind the car but when moving down the road it will push back up into the cabin? This has been only issue left over the years. Car runs amazing other than the exhaust smell. This year I'm actually going to take it and have a new exhaust put on it. It was only thing I don't have the equipment to do myself. If there is anything I can look into? I love to work on the car and you guys are the best, I have had help many times over the years and you're all trust worthy info so thanks again in advance!

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I ran a short time with no cat.
Never again.

The smell is not enjoyable at all, no reason not to run a cat if you size it appropriately.

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Authorized Seller
Well that will be rectified soon! It's a weird feeling when there isn't much left on the car to fix XD. I've been giving the TLC bringing it back from the brink it was received it long ago. Only reason there is a test pipe on it now is because it didn't have any exhaust when I got it! I focused more on the internals first etc. now its time to button it up and finish it.
I just was always worried about the smell trying to chase it down. I guess I'll truly know when the new exhaust is on.
Thanks for the Link 3p14!

I appreciate the info guys!