Question about the door vents

So I don't think I've ever had a car before with defrost vents built into the doors before, but after having my '89 Supra for almost 5 months now, I'm not sure what to expect for the ones on that car and how to get them working. I have refurbished the climate control buttons, and every other option seems to be working nicely now, but I can't figure out what is required to get air to blow through those vents in the doors. Is something likely broken or is it supposed to be some kind of passive system? I didn't see anything in the owner's manual about this.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
To be honest you never get that much air flow through those door vents, just a small tiny amount Toyota thought it would be enough to keep your door glass from fogging up so you can see your outside mirrors. My 04 GS300 has the same set-up of door vents but they are twice the size of the Supra's and you don't get really any air flow out of those either that you can feel.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Very little air flow is normal in my experience, both on my mk3's and my Land Crusier with similar vents. It's *just* enough flow to help reduce fog. It's not the most effective thing...