PS PUMP PRESSURE PORT UNION

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Just replaced PS pressure hose. Can anyone tell me where does the O-ring between the Pressure Port and Pump should be seated?

I was thinking about installing it on the lip of the pump but I amy be wrong.

Thank you in advance.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
O-ring? From factory it uses copper crush washers on the high pressure line.

Are you running a OEM high pressure line or a DriftMotion stainless steel high pressure line?

bsupra

Authorized Seller
There is a Pressure port union where the banjo/fitting attaches to the pump. Mine backed out when I was removing the banjo bolt. One of the pics was from one of the members from this forum. Screenshot_20180602-102252.png Slide3.JPG

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
You are talking about inside the powersteering pump I see. I would assume it should sit in the grove all the way at the end near the high pressure line since you already have a smaller o-ring at the other end. In a few days I might be able to take my powersteering pump off of the Supra I just picked up and can give you a answer if you do not get a answer soon.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I just picked up a 86.5 Supra that I am pulling some parts off of to sell only but I did rebuild the one I currently have in my 87 Supra with a $11 Gates seal kit last summer. It is not hard at all to do but you just have to watch out for the pump vanes as there is quite a few that could fall out when you remove the 4 bolts on the back cover. Other than some bolts and a snap ring or two it all comes out piece by piece in order. The torque specs are in the TSRM too.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Update on leak... Apparetnly, it is not coming the Pressure Port. It is much worse. It is coming from the line itself.

Leak

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Do you have a copper washers on both sides of that high pressure line? I can see the one copper washer but was wondering if you have the other one installed as well.

Also are you running automatic transmission fluid for your power steering system?

I would recommend you buy the DriftMotion stainless steel high pressure line as that is great replacement if you decide to go a different route.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
Do you have a copper washers on both sides of that high pressure line? I can see the one copper washer but was wondering if you have the other one installed as well.

Also are you running automatic transmission fluid for your power steering system?

I would recommend you buy the DriftMotion stainless steel high pressure line as that is great replacement if you decide to go a different route.
Yes, it has both copper washer on both sides. It was fine on day 1 after installing it. I have prestone PS fluid in it and I was about to flush it and put ATF in it when I found this leak.

I wanted to change it to the Driftmotion PS line but I heard some guys having problems in it because the lines are not long enough... Anyone here running on Driftmotion PS lines?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have been running that DriftMotion ss high pressure line since about 2009. It does not fit into the factory clips that hold the metal power steering hardlines but the length has been fine. Its a nice fit, feels like a good quality piece and I would recommend it to anyone.

bsupra

Authorized Seller
I have been running that DriftMotion ss high pressure line since about 2009. It does not fit into the factory clips that hold the metal power steering hardlines but the length has been fine. Its a nice fit, feels like a good quality piece and I would recommend it to anyone.
Cool. If you have time, can you take a picture on how you routed your SS lines from driftmotion?

Thank you.