Porter's Performance crate motor

kotu100

Authorized Seller
I would stay away from those engines, that builder obviously doesnt know what they're doing.
Besides, $4k for a stock piston motor is no deal.
To me thats a shoddily built "rebuilt" engine.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
100% feedback. But it's red and they used acl instead of clevite. Idk man.

Scruggs86.5T

Authorized Seller
Well from what I read in the listing they were using CP pistons and eagle rods, just those two alone equal around 1.3k by themselves.

kotu100

Authorized Seller
oohh my B i didnt see thae pistons...
biggest turn away for me is no timing cover... how are you gonna machine it to be the exact height as the block? then get it on, on an assembled engine.

GrimJack

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
biggest turn away for me is no timing cover... how are you gonna machine it to be the exact height as the block? then get it on, on an assembled engine.
Hopefully this means no FRONT timing cover, and the rear is actually on there and properly machined.

Doesn't look like they used a new heater union bolt on the back of the head, or a new 3rd engine cover either, both of which I'd expect for $4k.

kneedragger85

Authorized Seller
I noticed that too. Maybe they include it in the "timing accessories" :biglaugh:

You might as well go 2JZ for that price or spend half of what they want to mimic it with your own 7M.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Aww... no love for the 7m. :nono:

Personally, for that kind of money, I'd be talking to Suprarich on here, SIP Performance I believe, is the name of his company? Correct me if I'm wrong...