Petition for Manual Transmission

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
I don't expect it to do anything, but I signed. I'm shocked it's only at 188 people. That pathetic... and kinda proving the auto decision correct, haha. It was at 120 yesterday. I get more views on my most boring YouTube videos... and that's saying something.

Old Radar

Authorized Seller
I don't expect it to do anything, but I signed. I'm shocked it's only at 188 people. That pathetic... and kinda proving the auto decision correct, haha. It was at 120 yesterday. I get more views on my most boring YouTube videos... and that's saying something.
Sadly, you're right. I'm sure Toyota has a room full of research into the new Supra's target market that says there is no call to produce a manual transmission for it.

All the more reason to take care of the manuals we have.

On the other hand, twenty years from now Supramania will probably be full of threads devoted to swapping the OEM auto for the last available manual anyone produces...:icon_roll:icon_roll

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
It will happen, no question. I probably won't do it, but people will, probably quite a few people.

But we will have some people push whatever comes in it as well, I suspect.

Jeff

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Those are the 188 people that will buy this BMW.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Well, it's at 1332 now, not that it's really that much different in the grand scheme of things, haha.

Jeff
Perhaps MKIV.com back on the day said one of the years only had 250 units sold, or something truly sad. Under 1000 several times. The peak was the introduction of the early generation in 1987. All down hill from there. Seems like the return of the 6 speed in 97 bumped sales a bit. My memory is foggy these days. Probably non-football CTE.

Last edited:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
This is true, for a lower production vehicle, you need smaller numbers for things to make sense.

It's all a big wait and see at this point though.

Jeff

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Authorized Seller
I just don't think the poor mans bmw is going to sell well. the only key fetchers is ketp was as straight six thats not even toyota and rear wheel drive that's still not toyota

sure they will put there dis system in it, but the bmw will get the same treatment will the comaro and mustange walk all over this car most likly

is it shorter and smaller then the gt86 yes but they all ready have a small sports cars ???

coming out as a dct only in a none super car class only ??? when it supposed to be fun car to drive that mr wing nut was barking about the gt86