Oil squirters... Keep or Delete???

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I always see divided threads/opinions on this topic but I am looking to hear some more. If you are running forged Wisco pistons and Eagle rods (with no direct oil path from the crank bearing to the wrist pin) on your 7mGTE, why would you want to delete the factory oil squirters?

What is your take on a 7mgte running over 600HP, keep them or remove them?

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Authorized Seller
It's popular belief that once you go forged internals, the additional piston cooling squirters provide is not necessary and the engine will benefit more from the increased oil pressure gained by capping them off. However, I had brand new oil squirters installed when doing the full built with je pistons and crower rods. I like to keep my cylinder walls lubricated and still have more than enough pressure running a temp controlled oil cooler setup.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I dont know anything about engines, but don't forge pistons run "hotter" than cast being they are "further" away from the walls because of the larger piston to wall tolerance's. (By hotter I mean one or two degrees or so). I'd keep the squirters just for the cooling. I don't think higher pressure is necessarily better because some seals are designed for only so much pressure, then there's check valves that need only so much pressure, that just my newbie opinion.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
I'd keep them. I can't recall seeing clear evidence that a squirter delete provided significantly more pressure over new OEM squirters. You should not use old squirters, though. New or delete.

shadowman1977

Authorized Seller
I'd keep them. I can't recall seeing clear evidence that a squirter delete provided significantly more pressure over new OEM squirters. You should not use old squirters, though. New or delete.
Sorry but why not reuse old squirters? I just finished a re-build on my 7MGTE and I reused mine. Is there a failure precedence?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Sorry but why not reuse old squirters? I just finished a re-build on my 7MGTE and I reused mine. Is there a failure precedence?
The squirters have an integrated spring to only allow flow if the system is at a certain pressure. Over time and after many cycles, the spring may become worn and open at lower pressures. This can lower the overall system pressure. Using new squirters is cheap insurance that you won't be needlessly losing pressure.

shadowman1977

Authorized Seller
The squirters have an integrated spring to only allow flow if the system is at a certain pressure. Over time and after many cycles, the spring may become worn and open at lower pressures. This can lower the overall system pressure. Using new squirters is cheap insurance that you won't be needlessly losing pressure.
Got it, thanks