Oil pump driveshaft bearings

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
My local machine shop was able to get 2 sets of new bearings that sit inside the block for the oil pump driveshaft but I ended up reusing my old bearing pressed on the driveshaft since it was in excellent condition. I would take the oil pump driveshaft to a few machine shops and ask for quotes as I am sure they should be able to find you something.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Yeah if I remember right the bearings when bought new are oversized and need to be machined to match the oil pump driveshaft.
If the clearances are still within tsrm spec on the old bearings they should still be reuseable.

Falcon148

Authorized Seller
Guys, thank you for your help.
Piratetip, I saw the thread when I searched the site but it was a year old so I thought it would be a good idea to ask again.
Car has gone 430,000 miles so there is a little bit of play in the oil pump drive shaft now.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I tried locating the PN for the ACL bearings but didn't see anything that listed the "oil driveshaft" specifically.

ACL may be labeling that specific bearing under "balance shaft".

PN: 2BS8078

Someone else that has purchased an ACL branded bearing for this application would have to chime in.

ACL Bearings.JPG

Falcon148

Authorized Seller
Piratetip, from the picture it looks like it is just the race, not the complete bearing.
Called them up and the guy I talked to says that it's the complete bearing, so I went ahead and ordered them.
I will let you know how things turn out.
Again, thanks for all your help guys.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
What do you mean?
Oil bearings for the pump driveshaft are essentially a sleeve pressed into the block.
The bearing is created by the pressurized film of oil between the surfaces.

They don't have an inner and outer race with rollers like a wheel bearing.

andrew_mx83

Authorized Seller
What do you mean?
Oil bearings for the pump driveshaft are essentially a sleeve pressed into the block.
The bearing is created by the pressurized film of oil between the surfaces.

They don't have an inner and outer race with rollers like a wheel bearing.
Although you can machine the back of the shaft down to 12mm and press a ball bearing into the block instead ;)
Front one has to stay as a plain bearing like stock and then of course the needle roller upgrade for thrust