Official emanage ultimate thread

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
Authorized Seller
Does anyone have the greddy EMU up and fully running on a 7MGTE using all the features? I'm set on going with this as it looks like most of the bugs and wiring have been figured out by now, but still apprehensive. Would be nice if Greddy could update their website or at least provide the info they have publicly.

<----In the same boat and hoping to make a purchase in June. The ultimate looks like the way to go though.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Authorized Seller
hey does anyone know the jumper settings for a 1jz with a 2jz ecu? i want to make sure my settings are right before i try to start it

Yotaholic

Authorized Seller
hey does anyone know the jumper settings for a 1jz with a 2jz ecu? i want to make sure my settings are right before i try to start it

1JZ

Jumper=JP

JP1=OPEN
JP2=OPEN
JP3=OPEN
JP4=OPEN
JP5=OPEN
JP6=OPEN
JP7=1-2
JP8=2-3
JP9=OPEN
JP10=1-2
JP11=OPEN
JP12=OPEN
JP13=OPEN
JP14=OPEN
JP15=1-2
JP16=OPEN
JP17=1-2
JP18=OPEN
JP19=1-2
JP20=1-2

935motorsports

Authorized Seller
Someone posted this in another forum, and I think I had the same issue. When using water and/or are intake input, you need to set the jumper opposite of what the manual says.

Set it up as a knock sensor reading (even though it's connected to a temperature sensor) and it will work.

You can then read water temperature from the stock sensor.

935motorsports

Authorized Seller
I'm about to install one for 7MGE, so I'll put up some more notes in the first post. After that, another one in a 1JZGTE but not for a few weeks.

I'm going to attempt to use a stock 7mgte boost sensor to replace the 7MGE AFM.

dunnbeetle

Authorized Seller
I plan on using the EMU on my supra and I think I got most of the wiring down...I have a 2jz NA-T setup that I will be using the 7m wiring harness with. I'm assuming I'd set the jumper settings for 7m settings, but I don't even know what those are. if someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, just checking if I will still need to make the circuit(I believe for ignition control?) Let me know, Thanks.

dunnbeetle

Authorized Seller
Alright, here is how I have come to wire it up....have not tried it out yet as it is far feom ready...but let me know if there is anything wrong:

Still not sure about the jumper settings also.

M_31_07

Authorized Seller
post up what you've managed to make the EMU do and on what engine....
I read through this thread and no one really posted anything regarding this. Just to bring back what drjonez said, post what you've managed to make the EMU do and on what engine...

twan

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
i was reading through the pinout for the emu and it says to cut air flow sensor wire to ecu and attach it to the white wire and then attach the green wire to the ecu end that was cut.
-------------------------------------edit-------------------------------------------
opps i guess i ment to ask which wire do i cut on the ecu for the map sensor? im running a aristo 91 2jz gte

Last edited:

4cefed

Authorized Seller
Im about to install ultimate on my 92 7mgte is the wiring on the first page right for a 7m? Does anyone have the settings I should have it on for a base tune? How big of injectors can I go with eman ult? Thanks

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Authorized Seller
ok i had time to work on my supra alittle this weekend and i got the car running on the emanage but it runs horrible on the emanage. i'm getting some error messages saying "incorrect 6ch ignition input signal" and "incorrect 5ch ignition input signal". the incorrect 5 channel input signal isn't consistent like the incorrect 6 channel error, i always recieve the channel 6 error but the channel 5 pops up every other start up. i have no idea what that means maybe you might? also under the ignition tab, under the input CH drop down menu when i was getting those error codes i kept seeing 1,3, then 6 which is what i think i'm suppose to be seeing but then i would also see 1,2,3,6 or 1,2,3,4,6. its werid but it seems like i keep seeing different input channels. if you have any ideas what might be going on LMK, any info at this point will help.

thanks, toua

toddrs93

Authorized Seller
anybody made anymore progress with this? We just installed one on an 88 7MGTE.

Now before I get chastised for the whole set-up, let me say the car came in pieces with a ton of aftermarket parts already there, so while I would have liked to start simple, (stock injectors, stock air flow meter, etc.), the stock parts were gone and the aftermarket parts were tossed in the car, so we built it all out with what we had. It should also be noted this is my moms car lol.

The car is highly modded; built motor, T-51 turbo, wilson throttle body, mustang TPS, GM IAC, 750 injectors, external fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, lexus coil on plug, HKS DLI, etc. I have wired in everything I can to emanage, (rpm, tps, afm, vss, fuel injectors, etc.) except for timing as there is some questions on the coil/ignitor wiring. I figured it best to at least start with the stock ecu controlling the ignition signals anyway.

At the moment I have spark but no injector pulse, I am going to go back through all the wiring this week.

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Check out this MK III wiring schematic for the Emanage Ultimate

I just made a wiring diagram for how I plan to graft my EMU into the supra wiring, including three add on gauges for EGT, Volts, and AFR, and aftermarket k-type egt probe, plus the Zeitronix Zt2 datalogging and wideband box. I have set it all up so that the unit is grafted in via modular connectors I ordered from Radio Shack online. It can be removed or bypassed by moving a few connectors. I also have the gauges, with dimmable lighting, on a separate connector. The wires T-connected into the ECU harness are on a separate connector than the wires that are cut and have their signals modified through the EMU. This allows the cut wires to be reconnected, but still leaves the patched in wires available on a modular connector for convenient testing and data logging. Be warned: I haven't done the install yet, so there may well be errors. I tried to check everything carefully and went through every manual and online source I could find to get it right. It is a very complicated diagram when all is said and done, surprisingly so. I just sharing in case anyone can use a starting point for planning their own installation. THe file is easily downloaded and modified with just excel, no drawing program needed - I used simple character graphics. I hope this helps someone someday. Please PM me with requests for clarification and to notify me of errors or improvements, since I'm only on here occasionally.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxPTfhLmSbNwRHVFWmtxVFF2cXc/edit?usp=sharing

Good luck with your installs!

Chris_87_Turbo

Authorized Seller
Anybody have the software that came with the unit? I can seem to locate my disc. If you have it and can make an ISO out of it let me know.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Anybody have the software that came with the unit? I can seem to locate my disc. If you have it and can make an ISO out of it let me know.

Chris

Chris, if you have your Unit Serial number you can get a hold of Greddy and they will email you the files you need.

Chris_87_Turbo

Authorized Seller
I have to get to it. Right now it's on an old Honda build. (I know it's a Honda, but there aren't too many 700 plus whp crvs running around). Ended up selling to a buddy before I could actually get a good dunno run other than the tuning runs which I can't find the printouts anymore.

Chris

quickstudy

Authorized Seller
Re: Check out this MK III wiring schematic for the Emanage Ultimate

Updated: Engine is working with EMU - updated wiring diagram and jumper settings.

I have all the inputs and outputs on the EMU verified by DVM or oscilloscope except the IgF modification circuit. When I bypass the added circuit and connect IgF from Ignitor to TCCS ECU normally, my care is running nicely with EMU controlling the injectors, ignitor, AFM signal. This is currently set up with stock AFM and injectors. I have an updated wiring diagram, along with my jumper settings in the Excel file below. The software setup parameters I'm not posting because I'm not done playing with all the options. Also, my car has no tune on it now, this is just a straight 1:1 input to output mapping to get the car running and recording data through the EMU unit to the laptop. This will be my first time tuning, and I'm planning on paying someone to get the basic tune in place. I would love to hear from someone else working on tuning their car with EMU. PM me if you want to compare notes.

This is the updated file, please disregard the earlier link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxPTfhLmSbNwV2FHTlZwa19jc1E/edit?usp=sharing

Chris_87_Turbo

Authorized Seller
I did a few Hondas. It's fairly easy if you take the time to research and the patience to mess up a little. Just remember make small adjustments at a time. I got lucky and had access to the knowledge of the best Honda tuner in this half of the country when I was tuning mine

Chris

quickstudy

Authorized Seller
Yeah, this is the fun part. I have had trouble finding a tuner with experience with this type of car in Michigan, but there is enough published and online that I'm not worried. It's nice to have a piggyback unit that starts from the stock tuning, and a car to tune that has some much information available.

Got the IgF signal mod working - bad solder joint, so now I can say my wiring diagram and jumper settings appear to be functional.

Renierwellens

Authorized Seller
Can anyone send the parameter settings and the jumper settings to verrify with mine? Car starts but stalls immediatley afterwards..