Official CD009 to Mkiii group buy

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Authorized Seller
Any update on this? Been looking for other options besides rebuilding my R154. I don't want to dump $1200-1400 into it if I can get a more power tolerant 6 speed for similar or less.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
Authorized Seller
Yes. Made adapter plate. Shifter. And got it up in a car tonight. Some massaging is required. I'll have more info when I work on it tomorrow

Last edited:

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
yeah yeah, keep us in the loop. My biggest gripe with my mk3 is the gear ratios. The R154 rev's so damn high on the highway, i want a taller 5th to cruse nice and low. 3400 @ 80 MPH is way too high, (i need to swap out that 3.9) my stock twins just insta boost holding highway speeds. Virtually, forced to go to TTC to prevent this.

That would be nice, a TTC switch on demand. (was thinking of doing this)

Ali SC3

Authorized Seller
How is the progress Albert? I wouldn't mind getting one if you got it all sorted out for the W or R bellhousing.
I see it bolts to the 350z trans on the middle, but how are you sealing the outer part do you plan on welding it or using some type of sealant, just curious =) Thanks in advance.
*edit* I just noticed the outer part where the bell was cut doesnt look like it would have any oil in it so probably doesn't need sealing but still curious to know how the install went.

Albert

Authorized Seller
Since my shifter setup to fit the mkiii semi worked, I decided to push forward and revise it a bit so hopefully it will be a drop in soulution and utilize a shifter setup that's a good 1' plus farther forward.

This was my mockup prototype:

http://youtu.be/tR-8Wrw1lbI

Creating a better drop in shifter housing: shoutout to BillyBadass for helping with modeling

jesse_rc1991

Authorized Seller
How is this not in the general mkIII section. Im in for the updates and pics of how this setup is installed

Albert

Authorized Seller
Well this shifter setup can be modified in length to fit more than just mkiii, like sc300/400,z32, Mkiv, etc.
Also my adapter can be utilized on any Engine that utilizes a W series bell; 7m, 1j, 2j, 3rz, etc.

So it may be a group buy for everything in between

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Did you figure out a price range for the kit? Seems like it would almost be worth doing this just to get a 6 speed. R154s seem to be selling for good money now, possibly enough to fund the swap.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Authorized Seller
Contributor
If you go this route, I recommend using a different clutch than a R-154. Or offer more than one option.

The CM850 dual is one of heck of a clutch, but if you stick with the R-154 style clutch, the next best is a $8k Tilton (I asked).

A slip valve is highly recommended with any ceramic disc clutch. Recommended by the guys at Induction and Real Street. Not sure how many people plan on launching hard, but the Nissan transmission should open more doors to a larger selection of clutches.

New flywheels would be the solution.

A cheaper option to the V160 should offer a carbon clutch upgrade path that fits more budgets.

Last edited:

gsxr141

Authorized Seller
definitely interested in more details before i spend 6g's on an r154 dogbox build.

Albert

Authorized Seller
btw what CD009 do you need i heard you need a specific year for it to be strong?
Usually the 2006 that says CD009 on it. but they are all strong, its just syncro issues.

I have 2 cd009 in my garage and both are 2006, one is used, the other is new. look identical.

Albert

Authorized Seller
Anything?

ETA maybe?
I have the plate made, its going up in a buddys car. My car is STILL at paint, so I cannot mock it up on my personal car, and I am finishing other peoples supras as we speak. I would love to have it in a car and driving by the end of the year.

Albert

Authorized Seller

Everything is working out. Im having some small issues with the differeances between the back of the crank between 7ms, 1jzs, and 2jzs. trying to get a overall that will work between all models.

Albert

Authorized Seller
Also working on aftermarket triples and twin discs.

JZ and 7M

Albert

Authorized Seller
With slight massaging trans will go up in tunnel. Will have to cut some stuff on the trans side too.

Captain

Authorized Seller
I have the plate made, its going up in a buddys car. My car is STILL at paint, so I cannot mock it up on my personal car, and I am finishing other peoples supras as we speak. I would love to have it in a car and driving by the end of the year.
This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

As long as you have it ready by around June, that should give me time to get it in the car and fully functional before SIV 2016.

jesse_rc1991

Authorized Seller
any idea if this will be availiable around tax season this up coming year, that way i can focus more on this than buy a better clutch for my r154.

Captain

Authorized Seller
Made any progress on this?

A certain Supra parts vendor is working on getting a kit together using the same principle and are about to have the adapter plate ready. They have no intentions of supporting the 7M though, so I would like to put my support with the people that will. Would really like to have the parts to get working on this around April.