Official CD009 to Mkiii group buy

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
Authorized Seller
Hey everyone, I've been working hard the past month trying to come up with a better solution to the cd009(Fs6r31a) trans into the mkiii chassis. I started off researching what everyone likes and doesn't like in a kit and I came up with this idea by literally staring at one for about a week.

I decided the best route for us, was to go trans adapter vs engine adapter. In doing so, you will be able to retain the oem bell housing, use Toyota flywheel and pressure plate, slave, throwout. That as no tunnel modifications are going to be needed. Best of all t will be able to work with 7M or JZ!
I'll be making a R series and W series too

I have some local guys that will be my test guinea pigs as well as myself. This also opens the door for any chassis, so SC, s-chassis, bmw, rx7, any chassis that is a tight fit for the trans and doesn't want to massage the tunnel for the 350z bell.

The kit I'll be straight forward with new pilot bushing, hardware, etc. I would like to get a feel of how many R vs W I'd have to make.

As for the shifter setup, I have a design that will bolt on the shifter exactly where it needs to be. In a week I'll have photos of the prototype.

Some photos to keep you happy, all of this is prototypes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426023291.405597.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426023316.171187.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426023339.438481.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426023352.091045.jpg

Yotarip

Authorized Seller
My 2 cents. R series are less available and demand a premium. Most of us can find 10 cheap W series bellhousings (and trans) at the scrap yard before one sub $200 R series bellhousing elsewhere.

I'd focus mostly on the W series. Those that still have the complete R series trans/ bellhousing will sell it complete to do this swap with a w bellhousing.

BTW,
This also opens the door for 5 speed IS 300, 5 speed tacomas, early RWD celicas............

FernandoDLT

Authorized Seller
He's making for both the R and W series. But honestly, R series bellhousings aren't hard to come by at all.

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Did I miss an estimated price? My reading comprehension could be failing me.

Albert

Authorized Seller
No price set point yet. Need to get further along with the entire kit.

RiyadYar

Authorized Seller
Contributor
what are the advantages of running this cd009 tranny vs a built R or W series?

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Authorized Seller
advantages of cd009

-cheap(as in $400 used to brand new for $1700)
-SP has made some fast passes on there 350z with upwards of +1000hp with no modification
-its a 6speed

disavantages for using it
-as of right now the 350z trans doesnt have a speedo sensor on it, the 350z uses the diff for speedo
-shifter location
-some of the earlier cd00x varients had weak syncros but this is was revised and fixed on the cd009

Very excited to see this done. as it is a very smooth transmission to drive. much like a w58 if not better.

knowing alberts work i assume he will cover the shifter location,and crossmember fitment concerns too
looks alot better than doing the colon adapter too.

my question is will it work with twin disk setups since its using a r154 clutch cover and flywheel i assume the discs can be changed to match the nissan spline but how about the throwout bearing?

Aleo24

Authorized Seller
This is awesome.

Will the centre spline of the clutch need to be changed? I ask this as i would like to keep my ORC triple plate but wondering if ill need to make up a a new centre section that holds the friction plates.

mkiiichip

Authorized Seller
Interested.

Curious what your shifter and clutch disc solutions are.

Albert

Authorized Seller
Here's the shifter setup I am working on. Kit will be an adapter plate and a new shifter selector that will replace the oem one. Then buy off the shelf shifter housing and shifter. It's a 6speed shifter and still retains reverse lockout (down to the left)

Albert

Authorized Seller
Not sure. Trying real hard to get my interior and my paint job this year before silv. Have a Mkiv customer that wants me to pull, rebuild, and tune his engine. The small spare time I have is going towards this. I should have a working mockup by april

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Wow, very neat. Checks all the right boxes.

-6 speed
-Power tolerant
-Cheap to buy

If I stick with the Mk3 platform I'd be very interested in this for my car. I'm not a fan of the R154 so I've been using my rebuilt W58. I'm about at it's limits though so it's keeping me from pursuing more power.

emericaskater285

Badass
Authorized Seller
Probably will be in for a kit here too. I know the single plate clutches will bolt right up with a disc swap, but what about a twin or triple disc for the more power hungry builds?

Albert

Authorized Seller
Lmao let at least mount it into a car first

empera

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
interesting! cant wait to see it all come together....could be a route i can take with my mk4

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I've got a friend here locally who has this tranny mated up to his 1jz in a MKIII. He seems to like it a lot.

sulikcassidy

Authorized Seller
I´m interested in a W58 plate too. :)
Because the R154 bellhousings are about 400$ new here in europe. :/
And you won´t finde them used without the R154 transmission...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I'm pretty sure he had to change the tunnel a bit and I know his shifter is further back than our stock setup. It's about four or five inches further back.

I will ask him just to verify tomorrow though.

empera

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I would think these could work on an mk4 with just a custom ds and longer shifter...

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
interesting, but what about diff and gear ratios? how will it work on the mk3 chassis?

Also plans for speedo? Not having a speedo is a bitch... Even though there are GPS speedos and what not avail for apps on iphone/android

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Authorized Seller
interesting, but what about diff and gear ratios? how will it work on the mk3 chassis?

Also plans for speedo? Not having a speedo is a bitch... Even though there are GPS speedos and what not avail for apps on iphone/android
there are gps units, hall effect units like what standalones use with driveshaft mounted ones and possibly using front abs sensor is possible with some figuring.

Ali SC3

Authorized Seller
what kind of 6 speed shifter housing and shifter is that? I was also working on this on clublexus and was thinking of using an xterra 6 speed base right there as its 6 speed shifter with reverse lockout and also has the 3 bolt design like the 350z. shifters are different though but that part can be solved.

jholmes24

Authorized Seller
I'm very interested in being a part of this movement lol, my buddy is running this trans in his s14, yea not a supra, but it shifts very nicely and seems to be solid. so count me in.

GC89

BoostRodeo
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Thinking this is dead, which is unfortunate. Albert has been MIA for a while now.......................sometimes life comes up

Hopefully he will at least chime back in with what he has learned so some of us might be able to run with this on our own. If he figured out the shifter issue, building or having an adapter plate build wouldn't be difficult.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Authorized Seller
not dead. just busy. last i heard, his car was being prepped for paint. he'll be going to siv and i beleive he has redone the fuel system so i can only imagine that he would go threw all this work to showcase the setup for an advertisment at SIV. brandon is currently getting ready to fit it to the 7m so its just been a waiting game on updates.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Is his car red suprahero?
Yes, his car is red. His name is Jason. He's not a member on here, but he's a local guy that has helped me a lot in the past few months with my ms3pro and other things. He's a great guy and very very smart.........unlike yours truly.