Nozzle Sub-Assembly, Washer

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
So, the pre-89 nozzles are discontinued, but the 89+ ones are not. My '88 needs a new one, and I may as well replace both. Rather than risking $40-ish buying them and them not fitting, I thought I'd ask here.

Can anyone supply a good photo of a 89+ nozzle so I can compare, especially the underside? A photo of the hole in the hood would also be nice. As long as the 89+ nozzle fits in my hole I can easily adjust the hoses if I need to.

Thanks!

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
I'm a gonna splurge and get the 89+ nozzles. The low-res line drawings in the EPC look the same for both. Worst that happens is I'm out the 20% restocking fee and return shipping.

I'll post a photo when they arrive, in case it helps someone else.

A70nut

Authorized Seller
99% sure the hoods are stamped the same, only nozzle design and shape are different from pre89 to 89+

Reactions: Asterix

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Nope. 89+ nozzles require a larger hole. 89+ is on the right. Hose barbs are the same.

Since my hood has no paint on it right now, I'll probably have the shop make the holes larger and use the new ones. It would be very nice to have new plastic there, as the 32 year old plastic is getting kinda crumbly.

Attachments

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Nope. 89+ nozzles require a larger hole. 89+ is on the right. Hose barbs are the same.

Since my hood has no paint on it right now, I'll probably have the shop make the holes larger and use the new ones. It would be very nice to have new plastic there, as the 32 year old plastic is getting kinda crumbly.
I think I'd try AutoZone for something universal. I can almost picture them on a rack somewhere.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
From some searching it very much looks like Toyota went to a commodity nozzle for the 89+ models. Many Toyotas well into the 2000s and other cars (like Chrysler) use the later version. That would be why it's still available.

Dorman makes one with a 0.24" threaded shaft that may fit.

I found one on fleaBay. If it looks decent, I'll use it. It's certainly possible to carefully enlarge the holes at any time in the future.

Reactions: debrucer

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I recall in the past someone else looked into fitting the newer nozzles to the old hood.
Ran into the same issue as you where the hole needed to be enlarged.

I thought there was another newer model washer that had a better fan pattern vs. the 2 hole stream.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Clearly I should've searched more before buying the wrong nozzles.

Yes, there are upgrades to the new ones. I've never had really any issue with the streams, but I've never tried crossing them.