Notorious M.K.3.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Nobody will pay for our Supras in the time we put into it. I havent done fuel, paint, suspension or wheels yet and I am at 18.5K. I have receipts for everything and trust me, I look a million places to find the cheapest prices on parts without getting rid of quality except the DM turbo but that is going to be changed out to a Precision 6262. All those funds include a 1JZ rebuilt and the car's price, which was 2K, so 16.5K in parts

We spend the money, but what about labor, nobody wants to pay for that and you and I well know, once you past that limit on the funds you spend on your car, nobody will pay the price and it makes no sense to remove parts to lower the price.

Keep at it Rodel, your car is a beauty.
True...we won't ever get back the money that we put into it. After a certain amount of time/effort put into our cars, the car becomes priceless.

Speaking of money, I just ordered a Bosche 044 fuel pump from Amazon. (Gotta love Amazon). The upcoming project involves a pair of Bosche 044 fuel pumps.

Thanks for the encouragement!

^ Makes me not want to think how much i could get out of my 2jz mk3 if i were to sell it :/
Think about the priceless "Supra love", not "$$$$upra-expenditure"

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
I plan on dual Bosch as well, ID1000 and my own fuel rail. Should be good enough for my power level and room to grow if I want to.

Keep it up!

lithium14

Authorized Seller
My Supra became priceless to me the moment I got into it at less than 1 day old =3. It is builds like you guys that motivate me to join that elite level of MK3 awesomeness. Keep it up!!! #Shufflin

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
You can't beat ID1000 injectors. Those little things flow some serious CC of fuel and even crazier, Injector Dynamics themselves recommend you to run the highest fuel pressure your system can support but not past 100PSI as they atomize the fuel better.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
I've been looking at these wheels.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
A component of the single turbo project arrived today. A pair of Bosch 044 fuel pumps will be used:

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
The current Walbro inside the tank that will feed a surge tank, then the two fuel pumps will be inline with the surge tank.
Great ideal. The Walbro can run at 9V all day barely doing any work a d the two Bosch will have all the fuel they need from the feed line. I assume you are running the return line through the tank as well? It's what we did on a customer's car and it works perfect.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Great ideal. The Walbro can run at 9V all day barely doing any work a d the two Bosch will have all the fuel they need from the feed line. I assume you are running the return line through the tank as well? It's what we did on a customer's car and it works perfect.
Good comment about the return line. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller

IBoughtASupra

Authorized Seller
It makes sure without a doubt that the surge tank will not run out of fuel no matter the RPM, injector duty cycle or boost level you choose to run. Definitely look into it!

xzeror

Authorized Seller
any updates on the new look :p?

btw where did u get the pods to mount your gauges on the steering collum from?

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
any updates on the new look :p?

btw where did u get the pods to mount your gauges on the steering collum from?
I used autometer pods.

No update on the new look yet, but today I received another component of the project. Less than 2 months until Toyota Fest left.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Legendary MKIII. Your car is an icon!
It's DEFINITELY one of my favorites of all time. This is a cool thread, spent my entire lunch hour going through it all. That story on Sofro is really cool, his car was a huge inspiration for me when I built mine. Keep the progress pictures coming.

-Lance

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
It's DEFINITELY one of my favorites of all time. This is a cool thread, spent my entire lunch hour going through it all. That story on Sofro is really cool, his car was a huge inspiration for me when I built mine. Keep the progress pictures coming.

-Lance
Thank you, Lance.

I wanted my car to be exactly like Sofro's. I drove his car. It was solid. I was actually a little nervous while driving it.

More pictures to come.

I.D. > all. Great decision making as per usual.
Thanks. These injectors should do a good job.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
A sneak peak of the front end makeover. The license plate area will be modified.

(Yes, that's an MK4 in the background. No, it's not my car.)

Last edited:

lithium14

Authorized Seller
Going back to a stock bumper I see!! Mk3's like yours tempt me to go black lol

Doat

Authorized Seller
I am very tempted to go black too lol it just seems to go very well with this car.

kotu100

Authorized Seller
Are you doing something custom with the stock front lip and bumper? Or does it just look like that cuz the stock grille is under it?

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Are you doing something custom with the stock front lip and bumper? Or does it just look like that cuz the stock grille is under it?
Nothing custom. Just an S2 air guide and S2 lip. The front end will look like this:

but with an addition....