Notorious M.K.3.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
I asked about them on Instagram. They are Hella 90mm halogen lights.
Not sure if they are the Classic or Premium style lights though, Rodel?

Eventually I want to copy these headlights but the Premium lights are double the price. Still way cheaper then the Xenon or LEDs though.
These are halogen projector lights. The high beam does not have city lights.

Premium or classic? I am unfamiliar with the difference.

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
Congratulations on the awards Rodel. One day I would like to make it to Supras in Vegas, too bad its so far from me. I really like the way your huge brakes look behind those wheels. Very nice.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Congratulations on the awards Rodel. One day I would like to make it to Supras in Vegas, too bad its so far from me. I really like the way your huge brakes look behind those wheels. Very nice.
Thank you. The rotors do fill up the wheel nicely. I hope you can show one day and join your supra brethen. If you cant bring your car...make vacations plans in vegas during SIV weekend.

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
Thank you. The rotors do fill up the wheel nicely. I hope you can show one day and join your supra brethen. If you cant bring your car...make vacations plans in vegas during SIV weekend.
Me too. I would do everything in my power to bring my Supra and make a nice road trip out of it. I would love to see that side of the country. The furthest west I've ever been is Arizona and that was almost 10 years ago now. It's beautiful out there, and completely different from down here in Alabama.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Me too. I would do everything in my power to bring my Supra and make a nice road trip out of it. I would love to see that side of the country. The furthest west I've ever been is Arizona and that was almost 10 years ago now. It's beautiful out there, and completely different from down here in Alabama.
Its time to come back west to rest.

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Just lays down. It is unattached. I remove the panel before I close the hood. Hood wont close if the panel is in place.
I got one from a member here that I had to modify a bit, once I did I was able to use 3m double sided tape to hold it in place and shut my hood.

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller
If it just sits there what would stop it from moving around and scratching your paint?

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Interior makeover to stock leather shadow gray

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
except for today. today sucks :\

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Smog is only once every 2 years. not even bad.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
I'll take cold winter days over this Smog Nazi state any day of the year.
I have lived in snow and below freezing temperatures. I doubt you will trade ca weather for freedom from smog nazis.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Rear subframe came down today. Suspension work is in progress.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
What are the plans, what suspension are you going with?
Prior to subframe removal, the car had Tein Flex coilovers and ST sway bars. Ronnie bushings and Battle Version arms will be added.

Last edited:

dominic

Authorized Seller
Read every page 1-64! Awesome car Rodel, it has inspired me to drop a 2J in my 91. How is the straight line traction with your tire setup ? I have 265/35/18 on my rear and wonder if I will have problems with traction. Soon E85 PT6262 AEM Infinity VVTI

Thanks,
Dominic

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
Any updates on this Rodel? Been almost a year, I know the forum is definitely slowing down, even I spend much less time on here than my 4Runner forum.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
My mk3 is on hiatus at the moment. Last year, I hired and paid Hvyman, aka Kyle Davis, who happens to be a moderator of Supramania, to perform work on my car. He was unsuccessful.

I drove a perfectly functioning car to Kyle's garage. When i finally realized that he was doing the car harm rather than good, I decided to pull the car from him. It left on a trailer, undriveable.

Much of the work that Kyle performed needs to be undone and redone or fixed. Kyle didn't refund any of the money that I paid him, which was in full.

Grandavi

Authorized Seller
Damn, harsh. I know the feeling though... 10,000 km on my engine and I have to rebuild. In my case, though, I don't know who to point the finger at.

Been seven years of "live and learn" with my mk3.

Hopefully NTORIOS's problems aren't too severe. If I had known this... I would have popped you a get car well soon card!

:)

This goes to what I try to warn people about. If you don't personally understand your car from bumper to bumper, mods lead to unexpected issues. The "talk" rarely meets the "expectation".

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Damn, harsh. I know the feeling though... 10,000 km on my engine and I have to rebuild. In my case, though, I don't know who to point the finger at.

Been seven years of "live and learn" with my mk3.

Hopefully NTORIOS's problems aren't too severe. If I had known this... I would have popped you a get car well soon card!

:)

This goes to what I try to warn people about. If you don't personally understand your car from bumper to bumper, mods lead to unexpected issues. The "talk" rarely meets the "expectation".
The problems that Hvyman created are severe.

You're right about talk not meeting expections. Which was the case with Hvyman. He gave me confidence that he was capable and would be able to make ntorios better, but the opposite was delivered.

Working with Hvyman was a case of live and learn.

Silver MK3

Authorized Seller
Rodel, so sorry to hear that. I assume you have no way to file a "claim" or anything of that type of sorts? I know what it's like to have your car messed up by others who claim to be capable of doing the work, it's an awful feeling to say the least. Best of luck in getting NTORIOS straight again, it's still one of the best if not the best MK3 build in my opinion.