No power to window switches or Climate Cntrl.

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
My Climate control is dead & power window switches on both doors are not working. I have went over the TEWD & only found 1 common Fuse. The 7.5A gauge fuse but it's working along with associated components. I checked other related fuses & Relays to each per the TEWD but there good. Any ideas on what could cause both to go out at same time &/or what to check next?
TIA

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
I would pull the climate control and switches out and check that you are getting power and good ground to the connectors with a multimeter.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have never really heard of climate control problems (besides the common low speed not working) or heard of both going out at the same time. I wonder if you have some kind of aftermarket wiring installed somewhere and possibly a power tie in between them that is disrupted.

Last edited:

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
Neither are getting power. I have owned the car since 94. Only Wiring I have done are the typical. Gauges,Boost controler, turbo timer & Maft Pro. I have checked over the Wiring diagram & don't see any bridges that would kill power to just these two componets.

Last edited:

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
Here is one test I'm not sure if you did while using the multimeter testing power to those connectors. Use the car body as the grounding point and then test the power on the connector.

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
FIXED!!! After cpl hours chasing grounds I took a break. Got all my spare fresh fuses & replaced all of them in the DS kick panel. BAM, did the truck. None of the old ones appared blown but a few Must have had a hairline crack or separation in housing I couldn't see. So lesson learned. Anytime you find yourself with this type of issue take 5 min & replace all the fuses before you waste time troubleshooting wiring.

Abe's 1987

Authorized Seller
FIXED!!! After cpl hours chasing grounds I took a break. Got all my spare fresh fuses & replaced all of them in the DS kick panel. BAM, did the truck. None of the old ones appared blown but a few Must have had a hairline crack or separation in housing I couldn't see. So lesson learned. Anytime you find yourself with this type of issue take 5 min & replace all the fuses before you waste time troubleshooting wiring.
I find myself initially replacing all fuses on any old car I get even if things are running good as even if they aren't blown they still tend to corrode. It a good practice I have always said.