Newbie Intro

Kwise9191

Hey everyone! My name's Kyle and my fiance and I just got our first supra a few months ago. We picked up a 1988 Supra with the 7M-GE. Previous owner claimed it started on starting fluid and I was going to diagnose, but then I fell into a deal buying a 2jz-ge and some 2jz-gte pistons & rods. Still need to source a head and all the accessories, but I'm super excited for this project. It's been ages since I've used forums, but I figured with a car like this, now would be a great time to get back into it again because I'm sure I'll have some questions haha.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
This project will test the integrity of the relationship you have with your fiance. If she sticks with you through the emotional and financial storm that you have just entered...she's a keeper!

Welcome and we're here to help!

Reactions: Kwise9191

Kwise9191

Welcome! Get it running so you can enjoy it while you shop for other parts.
I picked it up for 500 so she needs a LOT of work before being road worthy unfortunately. Wiring was a little fried, suspension is shot, literally missing calipers, all the damn bushings I'm sure, interior, etc. But we'll get there eventually lol

This project will test the integrity of the relationship you have with your fiance. If she sticks with you through the emotional and financial storm that you have just entered...she's a keeper!

Welcome and we're here to help!
Thank you! It was actually her idea, I had no idea they were as cheap as they've gotten. My fiance on the other hand always wanted a Supra and its been a goal of hers for a long time with the classic "screw what it costs, I'm getting it" attitude lol. Luckily the deal basically fell into my lap thanks to some great people. Its got a shopping list longer than the damn car itself, but thanks to her love for supras, she's just as determined on this as I am.

I appreciate all the replies and can't wait to hit the forums to find out all the ins and outs of this thing

Also here's a pic because I forgot when I first posted lol. I'm telling myself I'll get more when I get around to cleaning the garage but I'm sure you all know exactly what that really means lmao Snapchat-1156950221.jpg

Reactions: Clip

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
I recognize that pic from Reddit - I've still got your perfect blue dashboard sitting in my garage :)