New World Record

mark1987supra

work in progress
Authorized Seller
Well a buddy of Newgen and mine came into Des Moines, IA yesterday to dyno his Evo X. So hear id the result of his trip.

[video=youtube;C_hqVkix6Xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hqVkix6Xo[/video]

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller
Nice little home, truck, Porsche SUV to pull his record breaking EVO, race trailer on the side all at the age of 24!? Some people have it all. I'm really hatin now. Pop must be very proud of his son.

Just found out that he also has a 2012 Cayman as a road course car. Excuse me while I take myself out back and punch my nuts really hard. Dammit, if I new then what I know now. I should have applied myself a lot more to something meaningful when I was young.

Last edited:

TheNewRed

Authorized Seller
I bet it was good seeing him again, he probably had you gagging all night...

The video is a classic, i'll show it to my kid's and share a laugh when the time comes. All the while, your the one posting a trash "DSM" video on a die-hard Toyota forum.

NewGen

Authorized Seller
I bet it was good seeing him again, he probably had you gagging all night...

The video is a classic, i'll show it to my kid's and share a laugh when the time comes. All the while, your the one posting a trash "DSM" video on a die-hard Toyota forum.
Lmao mad bro? Do you even lift?

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Authorized Seller
And this is what's wrong with the car world. People can't respect other peoples cars. That Evo is fast as shit and everyone here knows it. 100 bucks says it will wipe the floor with 95% of the cars on this forum. Its COOL.

I don't care if it's a Honda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Diesel, Gas, fuck, even electric. If somebody put their time and money into it I respect it. Unless it's just stupid. Like most Hondas. Ain't nobody got time for that.

NewGen

Authorized Seller
And this is what's wrong with the car world. People can't respect other peoples cars. That Evo is fast as shit and everyone here knows it. 100 bucks says it will wipe the floor with 95% of the cars on this forum. Its COOL.

I don't care if it's a Honda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Diesel, Gas, fuck, even electric. If somebody put their time and money into it I respect it. Unless it's just stupid. Like most Hondas. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Thank you some intelligence has arrived!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Authorized Seller

I feel the same way. Unfortunately a lot of guys here don't feel the same.

87supramario

Authorized Seller
Why is this a record? I mean, stock internals? Over all top HP? Which is it?

Evo X's are nice. I drove one of these and they are very nice stock. I loved the Recaro seats in them.

emericaskater285

Badass
Authorized Seller
Why is this a record? I mean, stock internals? Over all top HP? Which is it?

Evo X's are nice. I drove one of these and they are very nice stock. I loved the Recaro seats in them.
Highest horse evo x at the moment.
I am not into EVOs but this one is pretty cool cause its quick as shit. Also has a lot of time and money invested into it and the guy is a local from Omaha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I'll add a couple comments of my own:

-The Evo X, when it first came out... I didn't like it. The switch to something other than the 4g63 engine, the offering of an automatic, even the styling irked me compared to Evos of eras past (looking at you, Evo VI), BUT... they've aged quite nicely.

-Also, for as much power as that thing puts out, I almost expect it to be a faster street car. It's damned quick, don't get me wrong, but I would have figured it would be faster overall. Powerband seems decent enough though, and I'm in no position to criticize. :)

Backlash2032

Authorized Seller
Obviously hes a douchebag driver because he drives an EVO. And that thing is obviously going to blow up because it's a god awful 4B11T, that obviously can't handle that much power. That's what's not to like.

On another note, because I tend to stereotype as little as possible, I really hope to see this thing at the Omaha Speed Shop on April 6th...

A. Jay

Search.
Authorized Seller
The irony of him listening to "Thrift Shop"... Lol

That being said, I don't understand how this video could possibly upset anyone. I found it pretty funny, especially the "Earlier that day..." bit.

TheMaxx

Authorized Seller
I don't quite understand why someone would be so angry about a video. It's a cool car... period. I am not a fan of Mitsubishi's but I can respect what this guy has done and the car. If you don't like it keep it to yourself or start a discussion about it. No need to act like a child because he posted a non supra video.

alliz

Authorized Seller
The only thing I can see people being upset about is that they do not have the funds to "build" or have built for them (which ever the case may be). I have seen the comments on "he paid for it" but people are upset because he can afford to pay for it. I have nothing against the Evo crowd, just most of the owners I personally know have been douches, but a good friend of mine has an X and it is a blast to drive. I'm a bit jealous that i can't pay for a car with that much HP. Its still a sweet EVO.