New R154 install parts list

SupraTrbo89

Authorized Seller
Currently I have an 89 7MGTE 5 speed. I also have a spare R154 sitting in my garage that was in my 87 when it was totaled. The tranny was not damaged as I still drove the car after it was totaled. Since my 87 only had 65k on it I am going to swap in the lower mileage tranny and sell the one currently in my car. I only want to do this once so I want to replace everything that could give me issues in the future while the tranny is out. My current list is below:

Driftmotion Stage one clutch kit - stock pressure plate, stock clutch disc, pilot bearing, and throwout bearing (don't plan on pushing more than 10psi so stock should be ok)
Driftmotion clutch hose - stainless braided with teflon jacket
4 qts of redline MT90 - takes 3.2
Clutch Master cylinder
Clutch Slave cylinder
Container of DOT3 Fluid

Please let me know if I am missing anything -- can you get to the rear main seal while the tranny is out?

Also, I found a real nice Fidanza lightweight flywheel with 5k on it for $150 shipped. Should I pick that up while I am at it? Car currently has 115k on it with a JDM motor. I am guessing its the original flywheel in the car unless the JDM motor came with one. Are there any cons to using a lightweight flywheel?

Lastly, I believe the clutch currently in the car is an ACT stage one clutch which the previous owner had put it. It works fine but don't want to have to replace it shortly after the new tranny install so I figure I'll replace it now with the stock kit.

Thanks for the input

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
ARP Flywheel bolts, you can get the RMS once you have removed everything, ARP Pressure plate bolts, pilot bearing (look up the bread method) and RTV Red.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I run a lightweight steel flywheel. Heavier than aluminum but a bit lighter than oem, it works great and I have no problems. I originally wanted a aluminum one but after researching also, I went with a steel one instead.