New MK3 Owner from CO

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Hi folks. Thought I already introduced myself here, but looks like I did not. Anyhow, I picked up a stock 1989 NA Supra a few months ago. It is the white package version with an automatic transmission (I actually wanted that) and TEMS. It's completely stock except for some aftermarket wheels. The original white saw blade wheels were included, however. The car has 124K miles and is in pretty decent shape overall. It came with a huge stack of service records. I've mostly just been chipping away on refreshing worn parts and refurbishing some of the electrical bits to get them working properly again (e.g. dirty contacts for window switches and climate control). The only things currently not working: AC and the door lock light on the driver's side. Going to work on the AC as soon as some parts get delivered. This car is currently my DD and is the third Supra I've ever owned (had a MKI and MKII a long time ago).

Attachments

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Wowsa, that's clean! Once I get my 91 restored (mostly) I'll try to get some CO meets going for mk3 owners. There are at least a handful of us that have expressed interest. If I'm able to make that happen, it'd be great to see that white package. That looks reeeeeal clean.

Nice find!

sinistar_xx

Authorized Seller
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Yeah, while I think the paint is only about a molecule thick at this point, it's not too bad even up close. And one of the reasons I went with this one, bringing it back all the way from Wisconsin, is because the interior is in very good shape, which was one of my requirements since it's tough to replace anything anymore.

Would definitely be interested in a meet-up if someone gets one going. I am also planning to take it to one of the next C&C meets.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Yeah, while I think the paint is only about a molecule thick at this point, it's not too bad even up close. And one of the reasons I went with this one, bringing it back all the way from Wisconsin, is because the interior is in very good shape, which was one of my requirements since it's tough to replace anything anymore.

Would definitely be interested in a meet-up if someone gets one going. I am also planning to take it to one of the next C&C meets.
The interior comment is so very true. If you start with a car with a complete and clean interior I think a restoration (or just arriving at whatever 'final' product stage you're after) is loads easier. You can fix most anything else, but finding really nice interior parts is near impossible these days.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Authorized Seller
What part of CO? I too am from Colorado but currently deployed now but it'd be cool to meet up when I get back.