Mz20 7mgte Into N/A MA70 1988

CrispyCub

Hello all,

I have just purchased a 7mgte out of a Soarer with harness and ecu.

I do have a NA ma70 harness and ecu (noted incase I need to use it to make new harness work)

I have read everywhere that their platforms are mostly the same but when it comes to engines and harness compatibility I can't find much.

To keep it short and sweet

Will it drop in and work using its harness and ecu?
If no what needs to be changed and/or replaced?
Is there any other general info I'd need to know?

I have attempted to find a Pre89 turbo harness and ecu but the harness is no easy find. I could source a Pre89 turbo ecu.

I'm probably overlooking alot but these are my current hurdles

Thanks all

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
If memory serves, yes it should drop right in. I dont believe the dash plugs are different. Just make sure the soarer harness is a yellow plug. If its gray depending on the year it may or may not match up with the dash plugs.

If the motor has an unknown history, a thorough inspection is advised.

CrispyCub

If memory serves, yes it should drop right in. I dont believe the dash plugs are different. Just make sure the soarer harness is a yellow plug. If its gray depending on the year it may or may not match up with the dash plugs.

If the motor has an unknown history, a thorough inspection is advised.
The harness off the soarer is not a gray plug harness.

CrispyCub

So its a yellow plug harness?
I believe so. I have not got the engine or harness to me yet it's on the way.

The plugs looked like a mix of green and yellow plugs mainly. I read that post 89 would have a majority of gray. So I am assuming it's a "yellow plug" harness

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
I believe so. I have not got the engine or harness to me yet it's on the way.

The plugs looked like a mix of green and yellow plugs mainly. I read that post 89 would have a majority of gray. So I am assuming it's a "yellow plug" harness
The distincting of yellow or gray plug refers to the ECU connections generally. Sounds like you have a yellow plug harness which sould be fine.

CrispyCub

The distincting of yellow or gray plug refers to the ECU connections generally. Sounds like you have a yellow plug harness which sould be fine.
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Should be here next week. I'll likely be back if some strange occurrences happen

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
One thing I forgot to mention. If your car is LHD thebharness will have to be extended about a foot iirc. Unless you find a LHF harness. If you car is RHD you dont need to worry.

CrispyCub

One thing I forgot to mention. If your car is LHD thebharness will have to be extended about a foot iirc. Unless you find a LHF harness. If you car is RHD you dont need to worry.
Both harness and car are RHD.