My First Serious Build '88 mk3 2JZNA-T

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
Here is a pic of "Dat Ass." I'm going to clean the moldings up eventually. I also installed the 3'' cat-back that driftmotion sells.

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
Installed the Magen Racing Ez Streets. I'm pretty happy with these coilovers so far, they are very comfortable.

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
I became a victim of the infamous BHG at 147,xxx miles. Pulled out the 7m. Now this is where things get interesting...

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Great progress- All in one day, too!
Can you maybe get some thin wheel spacers? just to beef up that offset?

What are your plans for the engine?

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
Great progress- All in one day, too!
Can you maybe get some thin wheel spacers? just to beef up that offset?

What are your plans for the engine?
Thank you! Oh trust me, I want to work on that offset really bad! But all my money is going towards getting my engine running, haha.
Right now just basic. The engine has good compression, and I'm going to hook up my 7mgte electronics, for now.

NegativeGeForce

Authorized Seller
this is the fastest car build ever. Took 15 minutes to paint it and 5 hours later we have installed coilovers and wheels along with refreshing a 2JZ.

Im am not a fan of the green personally, but it's your car and its really unique and it pops. So far it looks like it's gonna be bad ass for the money you put in it once its done.

At this rate it will be done in the morning.

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
this is the fastest car build ever. Took 15 minutes to paint it and 5 hours later we have installed coilovers and wheels along with refreshing a 2JZ.

Im am not a fan of the green personally, but it's your car and its really unique and it pops. So far it looks like it's gonna be bad ass for the money you put in it once its done.

At this rate it will be done in the morning.
LOL! Oh I wish It would be done in the morning, but that would be boring and simple, right?

Thank you! I've been happily broke because of her :icon_bigg

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
I got a new Turbonetics snail. I'm pretty excited to see how this performs, as well with some vvti coil packs for my cop set-up.

Last edited:

Doat

Authorized Seller
At first I was like ehhh on the green but then I saw the pics and it's pretty damn nice.

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
At first I was like ehhh on the green but then I saw the pics and it's pretty damn nice.
Thanks, once as everything is set and done, I'm going to touch up on the paint some more and freshen up the black.

Nice build going, so we're expecting 600 WHP by sunday? :p
That's mean. He'll be done by 8pm tonight. :p
Lol I'd be done already if I didn't have to wait for the UPS man xD jk

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Authorized Seller
Contributor
It's been a few hours and I we haven't seen any updates yet...you're slacking here!

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
I got the coil packs on and extended the 7m ignition wires. I found out one of my clips got melted a little bit from my overheating 7m >_>

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
nice build!!!! What is 2jz na capable of .
Thanks! It's so close to being done, but it's hard for me to work on it due to school and work :/
From what my research tells me is that the bottom end is just as strong as a gte motor. With a good tune, this motor should be a lot more fun than the 7m >:]

MA67SupraTurbo

Authorized Seller
Wicked Nice man! I always drop engines with the mani off, then put the wastegate on and bolt her up, much easier imo. Especially if you're like me and have it on jacks instead of a lift. That color is awesome! Love it!

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Authorized Seller
Looks like your progress is coming along nicely and at a fast pace. Can't wait to see it done. Color looks great, not my favorite personality but it suits you and that's all that matters. Keep it up

Quin

Trans killer
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I actually think that color is awesome. Just needs the 89+ treatment IMO but the color looks great. Definitely approve of JZ swap route too!

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
Update: I finally got the beast running after a year of saving and working on things I could while I was studying.
As of now I'm using the 7MGTE wiring harness, CPS, and the 440's(which are shitting on me right now). Most importantly I waited and saved for a standalone ECU, and I'm very happy I stuck with that decision.
My first engine swap is now a running success.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave46

Why Not?
Authorized Seller
Love the green, really sets your ride apart from all the rest. Brighter colors just work so well with the MK3. Subbed for what's to come!

Flippy911

Authorized Seller
Since you're running the ms3 pro why not up run 1zz coils? They eliminate the igniter and with a simple bracket they bolt write up.. I have a extra set I could sell!
I'm definitely going to refine my ignition set-up for sure, the IS300 coils are my affordable alternative to get the car running.

Love the green, really sets your ride apart from all the rest. Brighter colors just work so well with the MK3. Subbed for what's to come!
Thanks man, I would have to agree. Definitely not your average Mk3.