My Emanage ultimate maps, wiring diagram, parameter setting for lexus AFM

quickstudy

Authorized Seller
I don't know if this forum is still visited, i've been out of the Supra world for 3 years and just got inspired to pick up the project again. I've got a rough tune on my car with emanage ultimate and it actually drives pretty well. I'm sharing my settings an map. Anyone should be aware that the tuning is entirely particular to each car and build, but still this will maybe save someone time troubleshooting Emanage Ultimate setups in the future.

My build: Lexus afm with trim screw all the way in to limit air bypass to about 2/3 of the possible area. 660 RC injectors. Modified CT26 turbo with wastegate moderately shimmed and wastegate actuation hose blocked. Largest avail plate intercooler. head port, cams, 1mm overbore, 8.6 compression ratio, 3 inch exhaust, sl ported stock exhaust manifold. fuel pressure 34 at 1200 rpm idle.

My approach: I set injectors to 550cc before, 660 cc after, figuring I was increasing from a classic, roughly balanced lexus afm/550cc build. Then i started an A/F frequency map to modify the signal from my Karman AFM to keep fuel trim in the middle at all rpms. I found I needed to increase reported air flow substantially to get a good start an stoic at no load across the rpm range. Then I drove it while data logging and found that it worked best under load at about 22% increased Karman Hz reporting to the stock ECU. I tweaked it a bit more to decrease richness when suddenly reving with no load. then i took the area where the stock ECU code showed maxium spark advance, figuring that was where fuel cut was most likely. In that area I took the map to zero, with smoothing in transition regions, which i sculpted manually. Finally, I cut out that same predicted fuel cut area from the high rpm/high airflow quadrant and pasted it to a fresh injector trim map. Subtract 22 from each cell, invert sign, and the injector trim map reverses the areal of the AFM signal map that was modified to avoid fuel cut. There was no guarantee that the injector trim and AFM maps would scale the same,but it seemed to work.

So now I have kept the stock feel of the car under normal driving, and under hard boost fuel cut is avoided, power is good and it feels pretty smooth. I was actually shocked how well it drove. I have to check AF logging before I really step on it, to be sure it's safe to drive, and then get a proper dyno tune, but it's a good start, right? I believe my problem with idle is fuel pressure. I recall years ago having trouble getting the car to idle with these injectors until i boosted fuel pressure to 40, so I have to test that, and maybe adjust accordingly. I don't know if nonlinearity is a problem with the RC injectors at short opening times with low fuel pressure, curious if that is a thing?

Here is the link to my google drive with my wiring diagram, emanage settings, plus a spreadsheet of the actual maps I am using. Idle is still rough, but it starts, above 1500 rpm it runs pretty well, with some glitches i need to work out on a dyno:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxPTfhLmSbNwdFQ3bEdpVm5SeHM?usp=sharing

Very interested in feedback/suggestions. This is my first build and first attempt at tuning.

Last edited:

quickstudy

Authorized Seller
Damn,guess this map won't get finished. Head gasket didn't seal. Back to basics for winter. All I can say is the parameters are good and it starts, but the map hasn't been tuned on the Dyno and shouldn't be used on another car anyway. Just want to post the disclaimer since I won't be back to this for a while.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
FYI there really isn't a base map on the Emanage because you use the stock ECU and then adjust for your car settings.

I have ALOT of usage on the emanage there are a few ways to achieve what you are looking to do.

Changing the Injector size in the settings will scale the map and screw around with the HZ from the AFM.

This is very similar to the S-AFC, one of the MORE important features for the emanage is the ability to add duration or duty cycle to the injectors directly. Blue can only add, ultimate can remove.

Using this feature makes your tune better as you are not scaling and messing with timing. There are a few things you can do to help tune open loop as well. Disconnecting the stock 02 sensor and tuning for a near 14.7 out of boost should help the stock computer keep you in a good place. Tuning closed loop or WOT areas is easy, just add MS until your around 11.3 - 11.8 (is where I like to be). For FCO, you should be logging the diff situations on what load you are at when you hit FCO. Usually, 1525-1550 is where you'll see FCO on the AFM if I remember correctly, but again the higher RPM allows for a little more hz, and the lower RPM with like 1400HZ you'll hit FCO.

I noticed that you didn't wire up the Ignition for the Emanage, following this you should be able to add timing to via the emanage.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/zazzn/pics/emanage/

Last edited: