My 87 rejuvenation / build. It's a blessing, and a curse.

kdkbooster

Hello All

Starting a new thread so I have a place to put my disjointed thoughts and Supra related ramblings. ;)

kdkbooster

(I copied this from my intro so i can kinda keep track on where I am).

My intention is to keep this MK3 pretty much stock, considering the low mileage and very good over all condition.
Projects Done:
New front speakers.
Clean, adjust and lube windows and lock mechanisms.
New E brake boot (getting tired of blue stains on pants)
Looks like the battery when nuclear at some point. Clean, neutralize rust and paint (paint may have to wait for warmer weather or a better garage heater).

1572490455086.png

1572490426399.png

Hopefully before weather gets too cold:
New HKS exhaust.

Winter To Do:
Paint-less dent removal.
All new sport roof seals. (see below)
Remove both front seats and fix leather.
New rear hatch lifts and rear speakers.
New Plugs and wires.
Inspect / replace ragged out vacuum and coolant hoses.
Repair cracked radiator fan shroud. Not strong enough to support body weight when working on engine.

Need to be sorted:
Suspension: bushings, bearing, end links, probably everything.
Fix starting issue, if not corrected with new hoses and ignition stuff.
Verify fuel pump pressures. (based on past owners comments about some “bone-head” he had install the last one)

The list goes on.
My OCD tendencies kick in, and I can’t stop.
I have a local support group, but they are all junkies too!

Kevin

kdkbooster

Hey All,

Cold here today and 13 inches of snow. My wife is out of town, so i decided to bring my roof inside and get started on the new seals. Wow somebody apparently subscribed to the idea that more is better and put black RTV allover. I spent the whole day removing it. I found plastic spoons worked fairly well in the curved areas, but ended up using dental picks to remove it from the channels. One little piece at a time. I decided to remove the trim to straighten a couple of places that were bent. The black sealant under the trim is the stickiest stuff on the planet. While everything was apart I did a little touch up on a few areas were the paint was getting pretty thin.
1573604363271.png 1573604413290.png

So everything is clean and ready to go back together. If anybody has any helpful hints for a good sealing roof, I am all ears.