My 500hp Turbo-A Build.

mk3

Authorized Seller
hey all, i been looking around on here for a while now...havent posted much, so i thought it was time to start a build up.

1988 Turbo-A Supra. (currently getting rebuilt, resprayed, body kit fitted)

MOTOR:
Turbo-A 7MGTE
Koyo Alluminium radiator
Split Fire Spark Plug Leads
Voltage Stabiliser Kit
Cometic Metal Head Gasket
ARP Head Studs
ARP Rod Studs
B&M Oil Cooler
B&M Line Locker
Greddy Full Auto Timer
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
AVCR
50mm External WasteGate
HKS BOV
HKS POD
HKS T04Z Turbo
OBX Adjustable Cam Gears
600x300 Front Mount Intercooler
Custom SS Intercooler Piping
650cc Injectors
600hp Fuel Pump
Custom Made Manifold
Custom Air Intake
Custom Made Front Facing Inlet Manifold
Kakimoto Turbo Back Stainless Steel Exhuast
Custom Made Oil Catch Can
Platnim Spark Plugs
Silicone Hose Kit
Exceedy Heavy Duty Clutch
Lightened Fly Wheel

Suspension/Brakes/Braces:
Nite Pager Brake Kit (4 Pot 300zx Brakes)
Project Mu Pads
Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Tien Suspension
Front/Rear Strut Brace
Brake Stabliser
Full Roll Cage

Wheels/Body/Interior:
Jza70 Recaro Seats
De-Spoilered
Tinted Tail Lights And Indicators
Weight Reduction (interior, wipers, carpet, sound deadening, A/C)
Full Bomex Body Kit
Front Blinker Air ducts
Rear Sun Shade
Defi Guages
Custom Guage Holder
Project Mu HID Lights
Crystal Head Lamps
19" AVS Wheels 275 on rear and 245 on front Wrapped In Neova Tires

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Re: My Turbo A MKIII

Welcome to Supramania, and you have two beautiful cars.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Nice cars man and welcome.I think I saw your video on youtube of the day you got your turbo A

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
Authorized Seller

welcome to the world of disobedient members.
that's a nice parts' list you have there. what kind of shape is the motor and interior in?

xsjado

Engine bling!
Authorized Seller

Very nice, need more pictures! Deal with Oz Kits fell through so no Bomex lip and pods for you :(.

mk3

Authorized Seller

Engine in the turbo-A isent bad at all, only done 98,000km. im only rebuilding it because i know i will have to soon any way with all the mods i am doing :)
Interior... pretty shit lol, every thing is comming out and getting a make over though. un-cracked dash, black carpet, got rid of the jza70 seats and replacing with bride seats, black leather gear boot/hand break cover/ side door trims. and from doors back will be striped due to roll cage (but im going to try to make it look more pretty)

as for the red supra, i just sold that to dad. its probably one of the best condition supras ive ever seen. interior is perfect, motor is perfect, suspension is perfect. its pretty much stock apart from a big garrett turbo, turbo back exhuast, short shift kit, hks pod and micro tec computer.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller

I'd love to see interior pics, even if it isn't in the best shape.

mk3

Authorized Seller

Uploaded heaps of pics to keep you guys happy.
To tell you the truth though i think it looks shit at the moment, so ashamed of it....never owned such a bad condition supra (how i got it when i imported it from japan) :(

Ah well, once its got the bomex on and its all resprayed should look a hell of a lot nicer!

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Authorized Seller

Both of those supras are really really nice!!! I like how you had the back of the hood lifted for better ventilation on the Turbo A. :D

zurud

Authorized Seller

Its ashame. You got 1 of 500 built cars. Yet you're going to mod and bodykit like 1 million other supras.

Quin

Trans killer
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Its ashame. You got 1 of 500 built cars. Yet you're going to mod and bodykit like 1 million other supras.
I'm with you, bud. If I did anything at all, it would be completely invisible (IE, CT upgrade, bigger injectors, SAFC hidden in the center console/glove box, etc).

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Looks like it was messed with anyway as they had black leather seats not recaros...

Quin

Trans killer
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Sorry got to agree also. Turbo A's should be kept looking as they rolled out of the factory.

I actually know of a Turbo A here in Australia that the owner put a 1JZ into!... seriously what a bloody waste :(.
Very similar to what's happening here.

Looks like it was messed with anyway as they had black leather seats not recaros...
I see Recaros in the pics...

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller

Close but not quite, they had grey leather seats the same as the US spec cars only they only have half electric adjustments

mk3

Authorized Seller

yes i would be in the same boat as you guys and keep it original, but it was fucked when i got it from japan. no leather, fucked interior, half the interior missing due to roll cage, different wheels, momo gear knob/steering wheel stolen from when it was sitting at the doc's. so now I'm like...its got nothing turbo-a in it except for the motor and front vent.

And all those who are asking why am i moding it...my brother has a low 11second evo8, my step brother has a 300kw monaro and all my mates have 250rwkw/awkw+ cars...i want them to lose to my supra....plain and simple.

And why am i kitting it up, Paint is fucked, front bar is falling off, front lip is fucked. so i got bomex front lip....and i reckon bomex front lip with no skirts dosent look right due to it hanging down more so i just got the whole lot.

I was tempted to go 2jz instead of moding it heaps, but I'm not that bad, it is STILL a turbo-a after all =P

Quin

Trans killer
Authorized Seller
Contributor

No, deep down in the motor it's just another 7M. The Turbo A is done

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Authorized Seller
Contributor

nice turbo "A" . Restore it to the original condition but better!

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor

I'd take the manifold, throttle body, turbo, wiring harness, and ECU out and sell it...

That's about all that's different...

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller

The turbo is different too.
I know most people would still go bigger but the turbo on the TurboA is different, larger exhaust housing and wheel as well as larger comp wheel, you can replicate the cold side, but not the hot side

Mk3Les

Authorized Seller
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I'm running a "Turbo A" turbo on my car, at least thats what I think it is. I bought it off SilentSpool on the Aust forums. Here are some pics next to my T04e
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68012

The turbo is different too.
I know most people would still go bigger but the turbo on the TurboA is different, larger exhaust housing and wheel as well as larger comp wheel, you can replicate the cold side, but not the hot side

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Authorized Seller

Injectors are different but the cams look the same as a jdm 7mgte's. The headgasket contrary to popular belief is also a stocko type.:biglaugh:

HKS_TRD

Authorized Seller

I'm running a "Turbo A" turbo on my car, at least thats what I think it is. I bought it off SilentSpool on the Aust forums. Here are some pics next to my T04e
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68012
I forget which is which but one turbo has 42010 cast into the exhaust housing and the other has 42020 cast into the exhaust housing. I'm sure someone else will be able to supply the number for the normal one so you can figure out for sure if yours is the TurboA one

Injectors are different but the cams look the same as a jdm 7mgte's. The headgasket contrary to popular belief is also a stocko type.:biglaugh:
Hmm whats different about the injectors, connector or actual size CC wise?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Authorized Seller

also i noticed the head was marked with a A although the ports were exactly the same size as my 7mge cressidas which i had on hand at the time to compare. Heres a pic although i wish i had taken more after all the work done.

Mk3Les

Authorized Seller
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I forget which is which but one turbo has 42010 cast into the exhaust housing and the other has 42020 cast into the exhaust housing. I'm sure someone else will be able to supply the number for the normal one so you can figure out for sure if yours is the TurboA one

Hmm whats different about the injectors, connector or actual size CC wise?
Hey cheers for that, info on Turbo A's is really hard to come by. I didnt know they had a number cast into them. I know it was from a Turbo A but if it's the real thing, well I dont really know. What I can say it that it didnt make much more power on the dyno when we bumped it up to 16psi from 14psi, so I left it at 14 :)

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Authorized Seller

also i noticed the head was marked with a A although the ports were exactly the same size as my 7mge cressidas which i had on hand at the time to compare. Heres a pic although i wish i had taken more after all the work done.
That head looks very familiar... hmmm.... lol they all blow :( found out the hard way