MrOizo's JZA70 - 2JZGTE and V160!!

slowmedown

Hi
Authorized Seller
Contributor
excellent choice on the exhaust youre going to love the way it sounds! sweet project btw best supra chassis with the best supra engine and trans IMO

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
excellent choice on the exhaust youre going to love the way it sounds! sweet project btw best supra chassis with the best supra engine and trans IMO
Thanks!
Was going to go Super Dragger but shipping was as much as the exhaust itself! That's from the US and not Japan. If from Japan would have been about $100.

ryansmith

Authorized Seller
Nice supra! I live in new Zealand also, south of Auckland. will you be coming to the car meet at the Telstra event centre in Manukau next month on the 17th? would be cool to see another supra at an event this time!

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Hey thanks. I recognise the name! Not on Toyspeed/JZX are you?

Unfortunately i am overseas for work and have had little time to work on the car. Once i am back i might have some leave up my sleeve so will be able to put some hours in there.
Also have the exhaust coming in container from Japan with Ewan's shipment and that's leaving late May and arriving Mid June (well i have heard that its then).

May come down for a look at the meet.

Cheers.

ryansmith

Authorized Seller
Sounds good I have seen only maybe 2 other supras in NZ, ever, would be good to see another.
Nah man Im not on toyspeed, very common name though!

Probably see you at some car meets then in the near future, keep the progress up

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Authorized Seller
Super clean build man. Keep it up.

I'm wondering about your exhaust. I really like the way it sounds based on the video clips on YouTube so I am considering it for my car. I checked the HKS site and they don't list it for the MKIII. Do you have the part number?

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Sounds good I have seen only maybe 2 other supras in NZ, ever, would be good to see another.
Nah man Im not on toyspeed, very common name though!

Probably see you at some car meets then in the near future, keep the progress up
Will try - cheers! :)

Super clean build man. Keep it up.

I'm wondering about your exhaust. I really like the way it sounds based on the video clips on YouTube so I am considering it for my car. I checked the HKS site and they don't list it for the MKIII. Do you have the part number?
Hey, thanks!

I tried going for the Super Dragger but that was discontinued and it looks like the US market bought up the remaining stock. Plenty available in the US!

The one i got was HKS Exhaust 31019-AT004. Best to search the Yahoo! Japan Auctions for some one that sells. Do you know someone that can buy from Yahoo Japan?

And a link for English: http://www.importmonster.com.au/yahoo?cat=0&term=31019-AT004

Cheers.

spiller

Authorized Seller
i would suggest 3mm aluminium composite panel. Its excellent for that sort of stuff and you can buy it in black or many other colours from most plastics suppliers.

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Ha! Yeah i just looked into this stuff not long after posting.

Ill look into mounting properly once i have a better plan.

Cheers .

i would suggest 3mm aluminium composite panel. Its excellent for that sort of stuff and you can buy it in black or many other colours from most plastics suppliers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Authorized Seller
Quick question how did u get the speedo to work analog to digital conversion? Or did u use the mc vss

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Trying to sort out the placement of the gauges.

The '60' ones are the Speedhut Gauges
The '70' ones are the Defi Gauges.
The big ones are Speed and Tach
These are measurements in mm and their maximum diameter or 'footprint'

Getting exciting!

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
What a mission! Almost have a dash that can go back in to the car!
Just need to find some LED with bezels that are suitable for Left/Right/HighBeam and Brake/Oil/Door etc.

The gauges with dials that can be seen are SpeedHut and the Black face ones are Defi! If i could go back and get them all then same (SpeedHut) i would!

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
I love that dash setup amazing !
Wow that was a quick reply! :)

I should have added that I trimmed out all the clear face of the perspex cover so i wouldnt lose the air vents - looked at re-designing them but why not keep it simple aye? ;) The white backing of the cluster is gutted also. no orignal parts in there.

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Pretty much finished the 'proof of concept'!
I have lights like indicators, high beam, hand brake etc working. The gauges illuminate/power up and all seems to be working fine!

Gauge cluster is just sitting in there - not bolted down or anything.

I wanted a way to remove the cluster and not have to unplug from the Defi meters. I went to Jaycar and realised i could use a USB plug (extension for the M & F ends) worked out alright i think :)

Will the USB wiring be suitable for the Defis? I did notice they were pretty thin wires. Will see i guess

I went to Pinch a Part and got a loom plug (both ends) and made my own dash connector. have two spare slots - might use one for door and one for charge light. The sad thing is I actually paid for the plugs. Oh wells :)

Thanks for Grrrr! i should have a CF panel in here very soon to replace the aluminium panel currently in there! :D

empera

<B>Authorized Vendor</B>
Authorized Seller
Contributor
love the build man!

what sender are you using off the trans to read speed?

Doat

Authorized Seller
What did you do with the 1jz? also did the V160 tranny bolt right in? I remember hearing how you have to widen the tranny tunnel to fit the V160.

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
love the build man!

what sender are you using off the trans to read speed?
Thanks! I'm using the stock V160 speed sensor.

That's crazy!!! Build is turning out great man, can't wait to see what the panel looks like.
Thanks, neither can I! :)

What did you do with the 1jz? also did the V160 tranny bolt right in? I remember hearing how you have to widen the tranny tunnel to fit the V160.
I ended up selling the 1JZ. They're common here in NZ.
I widened the tunnel by about 1 inch in one point around where the crossmember bolts to.
Can't remember where else - was so long ago!

MrOizo

Authorized Seller
Another update.. So soon!

Am meant to be flying to Fiji today... Flight was delayed from 2pm to 10pm. Managed to get some garage time :)

I have been working on this dash and it looks like its pretty much finished! Only thing i want to add is a dial for adjusting the brightness of the Rev, Speed, Fuel Level and Volt meters.

Anyways, some pics!!!

Highbeam and indicators working as they should:

Looking from the side:

While Running:

Overall pic of cluster (the 14 pin plug gives cluster all non Defi gauges and LEDs power):

How the wiring is tied up at the moment. Will change soon no doubt:

Start up video with all gauges working!! (excluding volt meter and fuel level)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I like the conversion, definitely one of the cleanest gauge replacements I've seen. The little lights are perfect, where did you get them?