monroe hatch supports?

mxxmikexx

Authorized Seller
I can't believe my original 32 year old toyota hatch supports have finally given way. I will be emailing toyota to complain about the durability of these ;-)

anyone use the MONROE 901455 shocks for the rear hatch?

I've seen threads mentioning the SACHS SG229017(18) but couldn't find any info on the monroe's

i know all the rear hatch plastic has to come out to gain access to the nuts that hold the oem brackets in so thats a non issue......

just curious if anyone's used the monroes as the sachs are double the price from what I've been able to find so far

plaaya69

86.5 Turbo Converted Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Can't really beat $25 a side shipped with the needed brackets. The only thing I would recommend changing is the 4 metal screws it comes with and use 4 button head stainless steel ones just so it will not make a rusty mess later on:

I dont really know much about the Monroe struts but I know the link above works with the added weight of spoiler. If you do go with the Monroe, I would double check to make sure it works with the added weight of the spoiler and it includes the needed bracket to mount to the body.

Reactions: mxxmikexx